Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

french unemployment rates remain the same

french unemployment rates remain the same

Old Sep 6th 2008, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default french unemployment rates remain the same

just seen this
http://www.france24.com/en/20080904-...my&navi=FRANCE
Old Sep 6th 2008, 4:32 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: french unemployment rates remain the same

Originally Posted by val50

Bet the Hitmen were not counted in the statistics
Old Sep 6th 2008, 4:34 pm
Far Kynelle

Ewood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by val50
I wonder if this guy managed to make a go of his new business

http://www.channel4.com/4homes/on-tv...nty/index.html
Old Sep 8th 2008, 3:37 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

I watched this the other night - is he the one who bought a sort-of ruin in a hillside vineyard in the Languedoc, and wants to grow vines "by the moon" or something?

It tickled me - the French bloke's reaction about the phases of the moon, ie Losing It Totally type of belly laughing, was hilarious.

He might make a go of it, but I was a bit surprised at his choice of assistant, the blonde lady with little experience who seemed a bit fed up when her first job was to fork lots of excrement onto 6 acres of vines - and that was only the first day!!

Also, I wonder how the Sophia Loren type Italian girlfriend is going to react when she knows they are "sharing a shower".

Could prove fun this. Think his viticulture venture might be more successful than his love life somehow ..................
Old Sep 9th 2008, 11:38 am
Far Kynelle

Ewood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond repute

Thats the guy. I reckon the GF knew she was on a loser pretty quickly.

Be nice if he makes it, he appears to be winging it and I'm nt hopefful for his chances.

There again, it could be the editing which makes him seem so amateurish. Never trust the Telly people!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 11:51 am
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Winging it is all very well as long as you get the updrafts to keep you aloft (in his case more like overdrafts).

I had to laugh at the Italian girlfriend - oh, chic and pretty she was, but can you see her in a boiler suit and steel toe-capped work boots with a kango up a ladder converting that shack into a pseudo-Italian/French dream? Non, je pense.

She is more likely to have a collection of Von Dutch than De Walt. Anyone wanna bet his vines last longer than his relationship? I have a spare 2p this week ...........
Old Sep 10th 2008, 11:27 am
Grey Bombshell

Now don't get me wrong, as a poor, retired-on-grounds-of-ill-health teacher, I am not knocking the French, I love em enough to want to move back, but could the unemployment rates have anything to do with the following?

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/b...k-20080125680/

Again, this carries a health warning, as if you might be offended by this type of humour, ie taking the "whatsit" out of people in a tongue-in-cheek manner, and are ernest enough to decide that anything taking a pop at a particular society is to be taken seriously, AVOID like the plague!!!!

Me, I just giggled ................
Old Sep 10th 2008, 1:37 pm
Far Kynelle

Originally Posted by Andrea50
Now don't get me wrong, as a poor, retired-on-grounds-of-ill-health teacher, I am not knocking the French, I love em enough to want to move back, but could the unemployment rates have anything to do with the following?

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/b...k-20080125680/

Again, this carries a health warning, as if you might be offended by this type of humour, ie taking the "whatsit" out of people in a tongue-in-cheek manner, and are ernest enough to decide that anything taking a pop at a particular society is to be taken seriously, AVOID like the plague!!!!

Me, I just giggled ................
bit like the Onion isn't it. Good stuff Andy