French telly

Old Sep 24th 2014, 11:16 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: French telly

Originally Posted by Blackladder
DMU that I flatly refuse to Believe (don't break my heart!)
The Meteo now invest heavily in CGI just to keep her attractive the next weather girl won't get a CDI
Old Sep 24th 2014, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Touraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody remembers 'Axelle Lafont' ???????????
Old Sep 24th 2014, 12:04 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

DMU that I flatly refuse to Believe (don't break my heart!)
According to Wikipedia, she's 66!
@Touraine: Never heard of Axelle Lafont and I've been watching French TV since the 80s....
Old Sep 24th 2014, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Touraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond repute

She was the 'meteo' girl on canal +

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axelle_Laffont
enjoy....
Old Sep 24th 2014, 12:33 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by touraine
She was the 'meteo' girl on canal +

Axelle Laffont — Wikipédia

enjoy.... Axelle Laffont nue - YouTube

We've never been abonnés to Canal+, hence my ignorance!
Old Sep 24th 2014, 4:19 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
I need to have the rules explained, too. We catch the end of it just before "Evelyne"'s météo.
Can you believe that Evelyne is well past official retirement age?
@dmu & Blackie: It's a bit along the lines of a dumbed down Who wants to be a millionaire. A contestant, au pied du mur has to answer simple questions given a three way choice of answers. Once they've faffed about for bit they push one of 3 buttons to choose.

Now le Mur is made up of 100 audience members each with there own 3 buttons which they have to press before the contestant chooses (hence the faffing).

Assuming the contestant gets it right, then each member of the Wall who didn't is eliminated and the contestant gets points based on the number of abject failures and the option of cashing out while s/he's ahead.

The cash component starts low (100e I think) but increases in multiples (200, 500, 1000 etc) each time the number of surviving Wall members goes down by a certain number (10 I think).

It is, as said, utterly crass, but isn't a bad way of improving my mediocre language skill and French general knowledge.

I do NOT recommend it to either of you.
Old Sep 24th 2014, 6:18 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
@dmu & Blackie: It's a bit along the lines of a dumbed down Who wants to be a millionaire. A contestant, au pied du mur has to answer simple questions given a three way choice of answers. Once they've faffed about for bit they push one of 3 buttons to choose.

Now le Mur is made up of 100 audience members each with there own 3 buttons which they have to press before the contestant chooses (hence the faffing).

Assuming the contestant gets it right, then each member of the Wall who didn't is eliminated and the contestant gets points based on the number of abject failures and the option of cashing out while s/he's ahead.

The cash component starts low (100e I think) but increases in multiples (200, 500, 1000 etc) each time the number of surviving Wall members goes down by a certain number (10 I think).

It is, as said, utterly crass, but isn't a bad way of improving my mediocre language skill and French general knowledge.

I do NOT recommend it to either of you.
Thanks for that!
Funnily enough, they showed Money Drop this evening just before the Météo. OH and I were both embarrassed not to have got the right answer re ladybirds!
Old Sep 24th 2014, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Blackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud of

It doesn't matter Novo, since I have committed Hara Kiri since finding out that Evelyne is as old as I am (this voice is being relayed by IS from the other side and there are NO 72 Virgins!)
exBlackie
Old Sep 24th 2014, 8:03 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't matter Novo, since I have committed Hara Kiri since finding out that Evelyne is as old as I am (this voice is being relayed by IS from the other side and there are NO 72 Virgins!)
exBlackie
I always thought Hara Kiri was more popular among Shinto adherents. You learn something every day.
Old Sep 24th 2014, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
Is it like Question Time?
Having said that I haven't got a telly and didn't have one in the UK before I moved, so I'm probably wrong§
I don't know Question Time !

It's best not to have a TV anyway !
Old Sep 24th 2014, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peabrain
There was little point in watching the mandatory cock fight, but the subsequent debate with philosophers and journalists was far more entertaining, showing that politicians have nothing of relevance to say. Compare this with the civilized atmosphere of Question Time, during which participants actually address each other by their Christian names, thus acknowledging their existence as human beings, and listen.
I watched the debate with philosophers, found it quite interesting. I'm always amazed when I watch them sidetrack.. For instance when they asked Alain Finkielkraut about Hollande and he ends up talking about Steve Jobs and his ipad-less kids. Haha!
Old Sep 25th 2014, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babyposer
I don't know Question Time !

It's best not to have a TV anyway !
If that is your opinion then that is your choice.
96% of households in the UK disagree with you.
I get most of my news and current affairs input from tv.
Additionally, most of my educational input in the form of history or natural history programs comes from the tv.
I have learned more about French culture and history as in addition to current affairs (Hollande?) from tv.
Nobody is forcing you; me or anybody else to watch bad programs.
Old Sep 25th 2014, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Peabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by babyposer
I watched the debate with philosophers, found it quite interesting. I'm always amazed when I watch them sidetrack.. For instance when they asked Alain Finkielkraut about Hollande and he ends up talking about Steve Jobs and his ipad-less kids. Haha!
Well, if I remember rightly, Finkielkraut didn't exactly sidetrack here, as the issue under discussion was the digital revolution about to be unleashed in French schools by Hollande's government. A.F. got on one of his hobby horses to denounce this latest fad, that will no doubt only benefit the computer industry lobby, and remind viewers that the big bosses of Amazon, Google, Apple et al would never dream of putting their offspring into schools that use all the latest digital devices. Despite having made fortunes out of touting digital technology, they want only blackboards, real live teachers, chalk, pens and paper in their children's traditional schools. I would tend to agree with him, if for no other reason than that of the cost to the taxpayer of 'digital' schools, and the fact that chalk and blackboards never break down, do not take five minutes to warm up, then another ten to get going. The experience of the pupils I have known as regards electronic white boards in classrooms for instance, is that they are boring, never work properly and can be rendered illegible if the sun is shining in the wrong place.
Old Sep 25th 2014, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cyrian
If that is your opinion then that is your choice.
96% of households in the UK disagree with you.
I get most of my news and current affairs input from tv.
Additionally, most of my educational input in the form of history or natural history programs comes from the tv.
I have learned more about French culture and history as in addition to current affairs (Hollande?) from tv.
Nobody is forcing you; me or anybody else to watch bad programs.
The problem is that there are too many bad programs !
Old Sep 25th 2014, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Peabrain
Well, if I remember rightly, Finkielkraut didn't exactly sidetrack here, as the issue under discussion was the digital revolution about to be unleashed in French schools by Hollande's government. A.F. got on one of his hobby horses to denounce this latest fad, that will no doubt only benefit the computer industry lobby, and remind viewers that the big bosses of Amazon, Google, Apple et al would never dream of putting their offspring into schools that use all the latest digital devices. Despite having made fortunes out of touting digital technology, they want only blackboards, real live teachers, chalk, pens and paper in their children's traditional schools. I would tend to agree with him, if for no other reason than that of the cost to the taxpayer of 'digital' schools, and the fact that chalk and blackboards never break down, do not take five minutes to warm up, then another ten to get going. The experience of the pupils I have known as regards electronic white boards in classrooms for instance, is that they are boring, never work properly and can be rendered illegible if the sun is shining in the wrong place.
True it was not the best example, but there was other questions where they definitely sidetracked ! But still interesting and funny in my opinion.

Are you a teacher ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.