Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Are the French really very romantic or that a myth?

Are the French really very romantic or that a myth?

Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:19 am
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are the French really very romantic or that a myth?

Presumably, no matter how mad the female attacker was, if Ka is as fit as he claims, she won't catch him anyway! Mind you, my Totally Mad and Very Frightening Pole Dancing 6ft Amazon of a daughter is size 14 - watch it m8, if she's reading that Areige won't be far enough ...... she also inherited my gob so can kill at 50 paces anyway, just by opening it.

Glad to hear living dangerously can keep the calories down, as shopping in Tescos for the last 2 hours was definitely worth about 400 then. One woman at the Cheese counter was obviously quite nuts. Also, they had shut the flippin Fags bit so we had to ask em to open it again, talk about black looks, the woman had clearly been sucking lemons from the fruit counter all evening, poor old Pete had to hide behind me and the shopping trolley

Oh, subject change:

Just had an e-mail from Leapfrog properties, they are offering to reimburse all travel expenses of any Brits who buy a French property through them before 15th jan - now is that desperation or what?
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:15 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrea50
Presumably, no matter how mad the female attacker was, if Ka is as fit as he claims, she won't catch him anyway! Mind you, my Totally Mad and Very Frightening Pole Dancing 6ft Amazon of a daughter is size 14 - watch it m8, if she's reading that Areige won't be far enough ...... she also inherited my gob so can kill at 50 paces anyway, just by opening it.

Glad to hear living dangerously can keep the calories down, as shopping in Tescos for the last 2 hours was definitely worth about 400 then. One woman at the Cheese counter was obviously quite nuts. Also, they had shut the flippin Fags bit so we had to ask em to open it again, talk about black looks, the woman had clearly been sucking lemons from the fruit counter all evening, poor old Pete had to hide behind me and the shopping trolley

Oh, subject change:

Just had an e-mail from Leapfrog properties, they are offering to reimburse all travel expenses of any Brits who buy a French property through them before 15th jan - now is that desperation or what?
Renault are giving away free cars, you just have to pay 20k euros for crap tires......
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 6:09 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd chuck my Renault in with this flat if it would make it sell, but I think the only chance I've got is to throw in the daughter
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 8:33 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, subject change:

I think it's pretty good. I mean, if you see a property advertised with them that you like, and are ready to buy, then why not? They'll load the cost off onto the price of the house for sure, but as long as you're happy, good stuff! Does it say what the maximum reimbursement is? Like, can you stay for a fortnight in St. Tropez, charge 'em room service and then buy in the Ariege?
Old Dec 4th 2008, 8:11 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd chuck my Renault in with this flat if it would make it sell, but I think the only chance I've got is to throw in the daughter
I will take it.....Not the car you can keep that piece of S..T. Oh and not the Flat.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:32 am
Grey Bombshell

Originally Posted by Le Chant
I think it's pretty good. I mean, if you see a property advertised with them that you like, and are ready to buy, then why not? They'll load the cost off onto the price of the house for sure, but as long as you're happy, good stuff! Does it say what the maximum reimbursement is? Like, can you stay for a fortnight in St. Tropez, charge 'em room service and then buy in the Ariege?
Yes, of course they will, you know what they say: Nullum gratuitum prandium

The limit is 400 euros, so no, not enough to live it up in St T, BUT, hold on, that's enough to BUY Ariege .............
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:33 am
Grey Bombshell

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
I will take it.....Not the car you can keep that piece of S..T. Oh and not the Flat.

Man knows how to bargain ..............

She'd eat you for breakfast m8, the Renault would be a lot less trouble, I promise you