Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

French Health Insurance advice urgently needed!

French Health Insurance advice urgently needed!

Old Dec 12th 2007, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

toulousebabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile French Health Insurance advice urgently needed!

Hi everyone!

I desperately need some help with health insurance in France. I moved to Toulouse from the UK back in April and, because I thought the move was temporary, I didn't complete the CMU forms. I am Spanish, married to an Englishman with 2 toddlers who were born in the UK. I work remotely for a UK based company and pay my taxes and NI contributions there. I was sent an email with endless attachments from the URSSAF in Strasbourg but it is all sooo confusing! Is anyone in a similar position? Has anyone been successful in obtaining this Carte Vitale when working for a UK company but living in France?

I so look forward to receiving your replies!!!

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Toulousebabe
Old Dec 12th 2007, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: French Health Insurance advice urgently needed!

Originally Posted by toulousebabe
Hi everyone!

I desperately need some help with health insurance in France. I moved to Toulouse from the UK back in April and, because I thought the move was temporary, I didn't complete the CMU forms. I am Spanish, married to an Englishman with 2 toddlers who were born in the UK. I work remotely for a UK based company and pay my taxes and NI contributions there. I was sent an email with endless attachments from the URSSAF in Strasbourg but it is all sooo confusing! Is anyone in a similar position? Has anyone been successful in obtaining this Carte Vitale when working for a UK company but living in France?

I so look forward to receiving your replies!!!

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Toulousebabe

I think the best thing to do is visit your local CPAM office.
They will be able to help you.
Find it's usually best to speak to someone face to face, especially when you have a situation that is a bit different ie Spanish, working for UK company, living in France
Do you have a E121 from UK?
Old Dec 12th 2007, 10:58 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by val50
Find it's usually best to speak to someone face to face, especially when you have a situation that is a bit different ie Spanish, working for UK company, living in France
E121 would be for a retiree I think they would need an E106
Old Dec 12th 2007, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
E121 would be for a retiree I think they would need an E106
Thanks Mitzy - I've been away too long already
Old Dec 13th 2007, 8:02 am
Just Joined

toulousebabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by val50
Thanks so much! I did apply for an E106 but I was unfortunately told that I was not eligible due to the fact that I had not worked continuously for two years, saying that, I actually had to find that out myself as they didn't give me a reason! It is a weird situation, I must admit! It seems like I have to go through the endless attachments after all!

Thank you all!

Toulousebabe
Old Dec 13th 2007, 11:10 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toulousebabe
Thanks so much! I did apply for an E106 but I was unfortunately told that I was not eligible due to the fact that I had not worked continuously for two years, saying that, I actually had to find that out myself as they didn't give me a reason! It is a weird situation, I must admit! It seems like I have to go through the endless attachments after all!

Thank you all!

Toulousebabe
That is interesting because you can get jobseekers allowance transferred from the UK to other parts of EU, so then how are they covered healthwise because obviously they have not worked to get the E106 ???