Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

French girl scared to go back to TOURS FRANCE

French girl scared to go back to TOURS FRANCE

Old May 8th 2013, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Befun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: French girl scared to go back to TOURS FRANCE

Institution Notre Dame La Riche is opening an International class in the primary school! Check out the website ndlr.fr
Old May 8th 2013, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

MAGELANE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cyrian
I agree.
We chose Tours because it is lively - with a large student population and lots of tourists.
There are regular markets of all sorts - food; flowers; bric-a-brac and flea.
There is an art-house cinema with films in v.o. and a multiplex which also shows some films in english.
There is an opera house and an auditorium both of which hold concerts.
There is an Ikea (apologies to BW or TP which ever of you objects to this word).
There are over 100 restaurants from tourist menus to Michelin.
You have access to TGV and TER lines and are only 1 hour from Paris.
Good luck with your choice.
Thanks Cyrian... let's meet in one of the 100 retaurants then...
Old May 8th 2013, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

I'm actually the teacher for the International class so please do not hesitate in contacting me for further information.

Bethan
Old May 8th 2013, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MAGELANE
Thanks Cyrian... let's meet in one of the 100 retaurants then...
I would be very happy to do that.
Unfortunately, we are not in Tours early July.
We get back on 15th July.
Old May 8th 2013, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Befun
Institution Notre Dame La Riche is opening an International class in the primary school! Check out the website ndlr.fr
Thanks for this info.
I just found out myself and sent a message immediately... but it seems that, luckily for you,every one is off until next week!
Otherwise, do you know the school? It sounds like a very good school...
Thanks again,
Sophie
PS: Do you live in Tours as well?
Old May 8th 2013, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: French girl scared to go back to TOURS FRANCE

I'm actually the teacher for the International class so please do not hesitate in contacting me for further information.

Bethan
Just read your second post... and I guess this is my lucky day :-)
As I said I emailed the school yesterday, but if you don't mind, I will get in touch with you in mp.
Thank you SO much!
Old May 8th 2013, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Hi
Of course you can pm me! I'm really excited about this new class and SO looking forward to welcoming children from all over the world into our school!
Old May 8th 2013, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cyrian
I would be very happy to do that.
Unfortunately, we are not in Tours early July.
We get back on 15th July.
Don't worry, we'll meet in August maybe, or in September for sure!
Old May 9th 2013, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

L'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of light

Befun, if you will pardon my ignorance, what exactly is an International school as opposed to a normal one? At the college my boys attend, there are pupils from all over France and some Dutch, possibly other nationalities too as there are boarders, in addition to our two English boys! They are linked to Shanghai and San Fransisco (I think).
We send them there because we didn't like the more local college.
We didn't actually chose this area, this was the first farm offered to us and it ticked all the boxes and more besides - I doubt we could have done better
Old May 9th 2013, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by L'Acajou
Befun, if you will pardon my ignorance, what exactly is an International school as opposed to a normal one? At the college my boys attend, there are pupils from all over France and some Dutch, possibly other nationalities too as there are boarders, in addition to our two English boys! They are linked to Shanghai and San Fransisco (I think).
We didn't actually chose this area, this was the first farm offered to us and it ticked all the boxes and more besides - I doubt we could have done better
She said the school was opening up an international class.
"Institution Notre Dame La Riche is opening an International class in the primary school! Check out the website ndlr.fr"
But just out of nosiness it would be interesting to learn the objectives of the class
Old May 9th 2013, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by L'Acajou
Old May 10th 2013, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

Hi all! Thank you for your interest in the International class! The main objective of the class is to provide English speaking children with an education through the medium of English whilst also developing their French language skills. Each child will have a different "international profile" : some will have French parents but have lived abroad, some will, have an English parent and are therefore bilingual, some will have English parents with very little knowledge of the French language, some will have non Anglophone parents but have learnt English in school...etc. Children arriving in France after having an International experience sometimes find it difficult "fitting" into the French education system. My class would ensure a 'smooth landing' and an understanding of their situation. Some children may also only be in France for a short time and wish to continue their education in English. The curriculum will be based on my knowledge of the English National curriculum and the French national curriculum and I will use teaching methods commonly used in British schools. Our long term objectives are to lead these pupils up to pass internationally recognised exams at the Institution's High school. The main thing is that the pupils have a happy and positive learning experience. I hope I have answered some of your questions! Remember to check out www.ndlr.fr for additional information about the Institution!!
Old May 11th 2013, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: French girl scared to go back to TOURS FRANCE

Hi all! Thank you for your interest in the International class! The main objective of the class is to provide English speaking children with an education through the medium of English whilst also developing their French language skills. Each child will have a different "international profile" : some will have French parents but have lived abroad, some will, have an English parent and are therefore bilingual, some will have English parents with very little knowledge of the French language, some will have non Anglophone parents but have learnt English in school...etc. Children arriving in France after having an International experience sometimes find it difficult "fitting" into the French education system. My class would ensure a 'smooth landing' and an understanding of their situation. Some children may also only be in France for a short time and wish to continue their education in English. The curriculum will be based on my knowledge of the English National curriculum and the French national curriculum and I will use teaching methods commonly used in British schools. Our long term objectives are to lead these pupils up to pass internationally recognised exams at the Institution's High school. The main thing is that the pupils have a happy and positive learning experience. I hope I have answered some of your questions! Remember to check out www.ndlr.fr for additional information about the Institution!!

A great initiative! I aĆ¹ so happy I found you and the international class!
Old May 29th 2013, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

MrsK is an unknown quantity at this point

Also a massive bonus of Tours: once a year, there is a garlic & basil "fete" - think it's mid-july.
It is AMAZING and the whole old-tours smells ridiculously mouth-watering.
Worth living there just for that once-a-year event!!
Old May 29th 2013, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MrsK
Also a massive bonus of Tours: once a year, there is a garlic & basil "fete" - think it's mid-july.
It is AMAZING and the whole old-tours smells ridiculously mouth-watering.
Worth living there just for that once-a-year event!!
http://www.loireavelo.fr/agenda/foir...6-juillet-2013

The 26th July the whole town centre is closed for garlic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.