Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Is French food really the best in the world?

Is French food really the best in the world?

Old Nov 30th 2008, 2:26 pm
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Is French food really the best in the world?

Originally Posted by Le Chant
Never been a follower of fashion Ka, (food or otherwise) so couldn't care a toss what's in or out....I know what I like, and I like turkey on Christmas Day.

I have to agree. Christmas ain't Christmas without turkey for me. It conjures up memories of old and is the cherry on the cake that is Christmas day. I love the excuse to have as many different veggies too, and even have yorkshire puds with it! This year I'm going to invest in larger dinner plates specially!

I love all the other meats mentioned here too, and am intrigued as to where one could get a leg of deer...

roadkill?
Old Nov 30th 2008, 2:29 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jazzy n Lol
I have to agree. Christmas ain't Christmas without turkey for me. It conjures up memories of old and is the cherry on the cake that is Christmas day. I love the excuse to have as many different veggies too, and even have yorkshire puds with it! This year I'm going to invest in larger dinner plates specially!

I love all the other meats mentioned here too, and am intrigued as to where one could get a leg of deer...

roadkill?
Yup - puddings here too! Oh, and usually a prawn cocktail for starters too.

Don't laugh, but the boar we had last year was roadkill! It was fresh though! Took it down to a mate and his son butchered it and divvied up!
Old Nov 30th 2008, 2:55 pm
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light

Yup - puddings here too! Oh, and usually a prawn cocktail for starters too.

Don't laugh, but the boar we had last year was roadkill! It was fresh though! Took it down to a mate and his son butchered it and divvied up!

Yer jammy bugger!! A bit of revenge for all the damage boar can cause... haven't seen any in these parts... that is, unless you count the woman behind the counter in La Poste!
Old Nov 30th 2008, 3:02 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jazzy n Lol
Yer jammy bugger!! A bit of revenge for all the damage boar can cause... haven't seen any in these parts... that is, unless you count the woman behind the counter in La Poste!
Lots here......Yum yum another boar Obélix. Well may be just a little one.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 5:45 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Hannah & her copain were driving back here t'other evening when smack! Yup - hit & killed a young boar. It did €1900 woth of damage to the car! I took them both to work for 6pm, leaving b/f's car here for me to tape up. The boar was there on the way, I dropped 'em off and came back to claim my booty....some bugger'd had it away!

Honestly, you can't keep anything shtum round here!
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 5:58 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Holy Hannah, the gite busines MUST be bad if you are watching for roadkill to feed the family Stu!!
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 6:20 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Hannah & her copain were driving back here t'other evening when smack! Yup - hit & killed a young boar. It did €1900 woth of damage to the car! I took them both to work for 6pm, leaving b/f's car here for me to tape up. The boar was there on the way, I dropped 'em off and came back to claim my booty....some bugger'd had it away!

Originally Posted by Andrea50
Holy Hannah, the gite busines MUST be bad if you are watching for roadkill to feed the family Stu!!
I'm afraid Andy that Stu's making a point about bestial practices not cusine
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 6:25 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh lord, I don't DARE put that in Google to find out what it is - still reeling from my close encounter with Blackheads and trying to find some of those "funny" pickled bums you can get in a jam jar - don't go there, just DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right put me off me dinner that did .........
Old Dec 4th 2008, 8:13 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

They should of put it in the boot straight away, I would ground em for not doing that.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrea50
At least its fresh.
Off a huntin.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 12:55 pm

Boot was unfortunately stuffed full of catering kit - he's a chef, so no room for the beast! Shame!

Tres......
Old Dec 4th 2008, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute

Boot was unfortunately stuffed full of catering kit - he's a chef, so no room for the beast! Shame!

Tres......
You need to get a roof box
Old Dec 4th 2008, 3:34 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by themoose
You need to get a roof box
Hallo Mr Moose,haven't seen you for ages,how the devil are you?
Old Dec 4th 2008, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cleri
Hallo Mr Moose,haven't seen you for ages,how the devil are you?
Hey there beautiful
Sorry, i have been a little busy with one thing and another. Pleased to see you are well and still popping in.
Been out for anything nice recently?
Still looking good i see.
On that note what do you think of the self portrait They are my best clothes too.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 3:51 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by themoose
Hey there beautiful
Sorry, i have been a little busy with one thing and another. Pleased to see you are well and still popping in.
Been out for anything nice recently?
Still looking good i see.
On that note what do you think of the self portrait They are my best clothes too.

Well,you look quite good,but it's a little lacking in the Christmas department,don't you think?,I would lend you my hat,but it's keeping my ears warm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.