Reload this Page >

French Customs help?

French Customs help?

Old May 15th 2014, 2:07 am
cmh
Just Joined

cmh is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile French Customs help?

Hi, Can anyone help me please, we are relocating from Australia and I am struggling with paperwork requirements! The removal company advises we need a "certificate of change of residency" allegedly available from the French consulate here in Brisbane. I contacted them and the British embassy and neither will do this. (French Consulate will do it for French nationals)
I also need to complete a French customs form "Cerfa No 10070*01" but can't find it on their website.
Anyone on the forum had experience of moving from non EEC country?
Thanks!
Old May 15th 2014, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: French Customs help?

Perhaps post on the MBTTUK forum too#

I think the form you need is one of these
http://www.notices-pdf.com/formulair...70-01-pdf.html
Old May 15th 2014, 7:38 am
cmh
Just Joined

cmh is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for this, using the link I get a syntax error.
Old May 15th 2014, 1:44 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

the link for the form you've requested is here:

http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/p...rs/R1240.xhtml

I've searched online for stuff about "certificat de changement de residence" and it appears that this is provided either by the mairies of the town you will be living in or by the prefecture (for non-french people) for the departement you will be living in. However, what I can see applies to people leaving france and not entering France. It means they will pay less tax when leaving France.

I did however, find a general "attestation sur l'honneur" for this from one of the Parisian mairies so maybe this would work?
look on the right side of the page for the pdf to download "certificat changement residence"
http://www.mairie-rueilmalmaison.fr/...r%C3%A9sidence

I would question the person who told you this again for confirmation that you actually need this form and if they are a reputable international moving company, I would also expect them to be able to provide a copy of the form and tell me where I need to get it filled out.

Last edited by petitefrancaise; May 15th 2014 at 2:09 pm. Reason: more info added