Reload this Page >

French classes near Avignon

French classes near Avignon

Old Sep 10th 2009, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

parkh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default French classes near Avignon

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knew of any French classes near Carpentras and AVignon, for someone living locally

thanks

RP
Old Sep 10th 2009, 6:37 pm
Banned

LindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really nice
Default Re: French classes near Avignon

Originally Posted by parkh
Hi

I was wondering if anyone knew of any French classes near Carpentras and AVignon, for someone living locally

thanks

RP
Hi, this is something I posted earlier in the week which may be of interest:

Have just got back from my weekly 2 hour French lesson, and my tutor, who is excellent and a French native, no longer wants to teach in schools, but wants to work for herself privately. I suggested that she could perhaps offer lessons / courses by email and web cam (no, proper French language courses!) I said I would try to get some feedback for her on how popular this would be likely to be. She teaches from absolute beginners through to A Level+.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

south_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nice

Originally Posted by LindyLoo500
Hi, this is something I posted earlier in the week which may be of interest:

Have just got back from my weekly 2 hour French lesson, and my tutor, who is excellent and a French native, no longer wants to teach in schools, but wants to work for herself privately. I suggested that she could perhaps offer lessons / courses by email and web cam (no, proper French language courses!) I said I would try to get some feedback for her on how popular this would be likely to be. She teaches from absolute beginners through to A Level+.

My wife is registering for a course run through the ADMR (Aide a Domicile en Milieu Rurale), which our family doctor recommended. This is based in Saint Remy de Provence, about 20 minutes south of Avignon and I can get the details for you if you want. There is also the Centre Linguistique Culturel in Eyragues, which offers conversational courses in the same area, starting in October.

Regarding the internet/email/web cam course idea, I think one of the attractions of converstaional local language courses is the meeting of other people new to the area or with similar language issues, which you wouldn't get over the internet. It depends if the focus is for seriously picking up the language or treat it as a social I suppose.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

beigey is an unknown quantity at this point

I did an intensive course at the University in Avignon - pretty intense at 15hrs a week but pretty good ... got me up to speed. Good to be learning in a group too.
Here are all the details http://www.univ-avignon.fr/fr/intern...intensifs.html
They do have 5hr and 3 hr per week courses listed on the website but apparently never offer them which is a shame as I would have gone back for that - 15hrs is a great kick start but exhausting and too much of a time commitment.