French cinema

Old Feb 25th 2009, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Akatsuki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default French cinema

Bonjour les British !

I am French, I speak english but not fluently so forgive me

I have an english uncle, he's great, he lives in France with my french aunt since 1975, he feels English and French and ch'ti

So I am very curious if further of them live in France have seen the movie : Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis

Do you like or dislike it ?

I speak in french

Né dans la région du Nord Pas de Calais, j'ai vu le film, il est sympa mais 2O OOO OOO spectateurs c'est exagéré !

Thanks

Au revoir
Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:04 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: French cinema

I thought the film was really fun!

I wouldn't call it a great film from a cinematic point of view but it was great in other ways. I would compare it with "The Full Monty" set in Sheffield. Both films sort of take the piss and integrate parts of a nation that are to an extent marginalised in the national imagination. "Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis" had a huge impact. I was in bars in the south and with my inability to recognise accents in French (although I can oddly understand them!) I would often ask people where they came from (in French). People began to answer, mysteriously: Where do you think? Well the answer was always the land of the Ch'tis. The film was funny, absurd and brought the nation of France together with a sense of what being French is about that rose above regional differences and, like the notion attributed to the English often, was done through humour.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:55 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treskillard
I thought the film was really fun!

I wouldn't call it a great film from a cinematic point of view but it was great in other ways. I would compare it with "The Full Monty" set in Sheffield. Both films sort of take the piss and integrate parts of a nation that are to an extent marginalised in the national imagination. "Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis" had a huge impact. I was in bars in the south and with my inability to recognise accents in French (although I can oddly understand them!) I would often ask people where they came from (in French). People began to answer, mysteriously: Where do you think? Well the answer was always the land of the Ch'tis. The film was funny, absurd and brought the nation of France together with a sense of what being French is about that rose above regional differences and, like the notion attributed to the English often, was done through humour.
Bien dit!
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

Gregy is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: French cinema

Hi there !

Hope you all British citizens enjoy your life in France and especially french movies ! You can get many good films channel in France like Canal+, CineStar channels, etc...
But let me tell you something : if you go back to the UK or if you want your family and friends to enjoy the best new exclusive channel dedicated to french movies, it has beem launched recently on SKY: Cinemoi, The French Movie Channel broadcasted on channel 839 (SKY) !!
I live in the UK since a couple of years and I discovered this new channel 2 weeks ago and it rocks ! They are programming so many terrific french movies all english subtitled, and they're starting to broadcast exclusive interviews and documentaries about actors and directors.

You can check out their site www.cinemoi.tv to schedule your french movies evenings or recording your favorite films ! I really love this channel, so I just wanted to share it with you guys !

Peace out
Old Mar 4th 2009, 2:15 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Are you peaced?

Originally Posted by Gregy
Hi there !Peace out
Old Mar 4th 2009, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold

I love my life in France gregy and love French film, I much prefer it to Hollywood's stuff overall.
Where in the UK are you?
Old Mar 6th 2009, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

sdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud of

Living in cht'iland, I obviously went to see the film in a packed out cinema near Lille. The atmosphere was incredible, like I've never seen.

Of course this view is totally biaised and I'm not sure if the fever took over the rest of the country in the same way.

It is admittedly a pity that the film did not get it's full recognition at the "césar" ceremony, but at least Dany Boon can pride himself in knowing he earned more in 2008 that Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise.

It'll be interesting to see what Will Smith can offer with a Hollywood budget, after buying the rights in order to produce "Welcome to the sticks" - a somewhat different version about a white guy going to live in deep south "black country"!!
Old Mar 6th 2009, 6:34 pm
down under where

Glad to read you S'dale. Your moniker makes me think of Chip and Dale or should it be Ch'ip and Dale. Anyhow better that Ch'ip and Pin I guess. So what are you a cartoon two dimensional relative of the squirrel or a bit of plastic good for scraping ice off windowscreens? I'll look forward to the Will Smith film. How much did he pay for the rights? Can you buy and sel such an idea? How could it be remade and could it be said the idea belongs anywhere?
Originally Posted by sdale100
Living in cht'iland, I obviously went to see the film in a packed out cinema near Lille. The atmosphere was incredible, like I've never seen.

Of course this view is totally biaised and I'm not sure if the fever took over the rest of the country in the same way.

It is admittedly a pity that the film did not get it's full recognition at the "césar" ceremony, but at least Dany Boon can pride himself in knowing he earned more in 2008 that Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise.

It'll be interesting to see what Will Smith can offer with a Hollywood budget, after buying the rights in order to produce "Welcome to the sticks" - a somewhat different version about a white guy going to live in deep south "black country"!!
Old Mar 7th 2009, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

sdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by treskillard
Glad to read you S'dale. Your moniker makes me think of Chip and Dale or should it be Ch'ip and Dale. Anyhow better that Ch'ip and Pin I guess. So what are you a cartoon two dimensional relative of the squirrel or a bit of plastic good for scraping ice off windowscreens? I'll look forward to the Will Smith film. How much did he pay for the rights? Can you buy and sel such an idea? How could it be remade and could it be said the idea belongs anywhere?
Hah, Cheers Tres , but I think Ill settle for Ch'ippendale instead - a bit more 3 dimensional ( and I'm not talking furniture!)

No idea what Will Smith forked out, but apparently it's Warner Bros and Overbrook entertainment who are going to produce it.