Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

French-British family law- info needed

French-British family law- info needed

Old May 31st 2006, 12:06 pm
Lucid Dreamer

MoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation French-British family law- info needed

I am living in the South West and need to find info concerning children with French-British nationality and name change. My daughter has my ex's surname and I would like to change it. Many reasons....

Does anyone know lawyers who have the expertise of British and French family law?
Or is there anyone who has had a child with a Frenchman and changed the name??
Thankyou for your help...I need it!
Old Jun 4th 2006, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

bourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant future
Default Re: French-British family law- info needed

Originally Posted by MoonShine
I am living in the South West and need to find info concerning children with French-British nationality and name change. My daughter has my ex's surname and I would like to change it. Many reasons....

Does anyone know lawyers who have the expertise of British and French family law?
Or is there anyone who has had a child with a Frenchman and changed the name??
Thankyou for your help...I need it!
i think to change name in france is a HORROR!!! however no reason why you cant go back to UK do a statutory declaration change the passport name and all other details with that no issue.

Come back to france and they'll have to accept it.

In fact I think under english law tax office etc HAVE to accept your stating a new name as long as its not for illegal purposes with or without the declaration. Dont listen to the phrase 'Deed Poll' she is not a company no need what-so-ever.