Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Flamby, and now Mr. Bricolage

Flamby, and now Mr. Bricolage

Old Feb 17th 2016, 1:44 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flamby, and now Mr. Bricolage

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
Yes we do have Weldom - although they now call themselves Bricodom here. Here they are easily the most expensive for miles - BUT they have good products and good service, so I tend to use them most of the time.
And they have staff who know what they are talking about!
It's interesting what you say because while Weldom was establishing here in PACA they were more expensive but then they launched their counter-attack and their prices are now much lower. I believe they are a franchise as well so I guess each franchisee has discretion in competing with the likes of Mr Bricolage etc.

BTW I don't think Bricodom is related to Weldom.
Old Feb 17th 2016, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

You may be right - Weldom Bricodom. Ours changed its name, about two years ago, and I must confess I have simply assumed they are one and the same because of the similarity of the names. They kept all the same staff, lines etc, but I suppose that does not mean much.
But I think all the DIY stores operate the BP A11 principle around here- they space themselves sufficiently far apart that it is rarely worth the extra mileage to get a cheaper price!
Old Feb 17th 2016, 4:47 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

I am told (but do not know) that Leclerc are not franchised, which is strange as franchising would explain the variation in quality between our rather nice Leclerc in Perigeux and our rather rubbishy one here (but which has an excellent cheese counter).
But what I was also told is that Leclerc buying is effectively done by their suppliers!
Leclerc is Franchised, buying variation is because staff in supermarkets here receive very little training so they tend to only ever order or purchase what the person before them did. Hence nothing ever changes we did however get a new Grand Frais super market they do train their staff because they dont carry run of the mill products and fresh food produce turn over is very good

Devenir Franchisé Leclerc - Devenir Franchisé

Yes we do have Weldom - although they now call themselves Bricodom here. Here they are easily the most expensive for miles - BUT they have good products and good service, so I tend to use them most of the time.
And they have staff who know what they are talking about!
Our local Brico store became a "Ma Maison" which imho is the worst diy franchise chain going very limited product range which tends to be very patriotically chosen which I dont have a problem with but it really limits choices and im not inclined to buy Peugeot power tools if their cars are anything to go by.