Fibro ciment

Old Dec 29th 2011, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

cuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nice
Default Fibro ciment

Anyone got any experience with an asbestos panel like substance that I can use to pin to a wooden frame. Looking for panels to put on the outside of a building that will handle weather etc no problems without much treatment?
I've had a look through the standard DIY store for fibro ciment plaque and the usual combinations but nothings really coming up.

Cheers
Old Dec 29th 2011, 9:25 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fibro ciment

Originally Posted by cuthbert
Anyone got any experience with an asbestos panel like substance that I can use to pin to a wooden frame. Looking for panels to put on the outside of a building that will handle weather etc no problems without much treatment?
I've had a look through the standard DIY store for fibro ciment plaque and the usual combinations but nothings really coming up.

Cheers
Cement board "Not Corrugated" "Not Wedi" would be fine but it would help to give it a render as well, Finishing the joints is not like plaster board as it is not infill in to joints more a glue "Expandy foam can be used" that goes in whilst fixing up the boards. I forget the name of it but it is fine for exterior applications.
Old Dec 30th 2011, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

cuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nice
Default Re: Fibro ciment

Cheers for that, I have a chalet style house with complete wooden upper, and I want to remove some of the wood cladding in a strip about a meter wide going up, to run a new double flue chimney up the outside. Currently I have a single flue in the house from the basement for the boiler, but that is due to be removed and moved outside. I need a board that I can fix to the wood batons and that can be key in the upper part of the chimney to and then as you suggested completed rendered. The type of insulated chimney I have needs 2cm gap between flammable material but can be put next to cement board, but damned if I can find it online, oh wells down to the local builders yard in the snow