Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Expats in the st genix area near chambery

Expats in the st genix area near chambery

Old Jul 15th 2011, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

bobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Expats in the st genix area near chambery

We have just moved into the St Genix area between Chambery and Lyon area and wondering if there are any expats who have recently relocated too. we are hoping to get in touch with other people who may be studying french, or attending similar groups as we are looking at ways of making new friends here.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Ced73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Expats in the st genix area near chambery

Originally Posted by bobbi2
We have just moved into the St Genix area between Chambery and Lyon area and wondering if there are any expats who have recently relocated too. we are hoping to get in touch with other people who may be studying french, or attending similar groups as we are looking at ways of making new friends here.
Hello there,
I have noticed that you are currently living nearby Katy who is English and I (French) we are living near Chambery
It would be nice to keep in touch if you like, our email address is miolanet at yahoo dot fr in case you want to mail us, hope to hear from you soon ! K&C
Old Jul 20th 2011, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

bobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good, we will email you direct if that's OK. Are you near St Genix?
Old Jul 20th 2011, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

you might want to delete your address from the message Cedric as it can be dangerous to post it on an open forum.... perhaps you could send it as a message to bobbi
Old Jul 25th 2011, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Chapelgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello! We are near Novalaise. It would also be good to get to know you, and expand our currently very small social circle. We are in the middle of renovating our house, and would be grateful for any recommendations for tradespeople too!

If you would like to PM me with your contact details we can get in touch.
Old Oct 15th 2011, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

Acluytens is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chapelgirl
Hello! We are near Novalaise. It would also be good to get to know you, and expand our currently very small social circle. We are in the middle of renovating our house, and would be grateful for any recommendations for tradespeople too!

If you would like to PM me with your contact details we can get in touch.
Hi - my fiancee (British/Brazilian) and myself relocated to st. Genix from Geneva 3 months ago. Living in Aoste, just across the bridge. Were not really expecting to find local expats here, so would be great to meet up. How about a coffee some time ?
Old Oct 15th 2011, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Acluytens
Hi - my fiancee (British/Brazilian) and myself relocated to st. Genix from Geneva 3 months ago. Living in Aoste, just across the bridge. Were not really expecting to find local expats here, so would be great to meet up. How about a coffee some time ?
Yes, a coffee or an apero would be great. Do you have a favourite café? We don't know Aoste at all. I am guessing you are working, so would prefer an evening or weekend meet?
Old Oct 15th 2011, 10:54 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Acluytens
Bit further than a coffee for me but Welcome to the Forum if you get aby issues give me a shout.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Acluytens
We are living 10 mins from Aoste, between St Genix and Novalaise after relocating in July from the UK with work.
PM us if you are interested in meeting up for a drink. Look forward to hearng from you.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:09 am
Just Joined

carolharrison is an unknown quantity at this point

We are moving to the Novalaise area in December and I wondered do any of you have school aged children? My son is 10, speaks no French, we will be looking for a school - does anyone have experience? Husband already working in Chambery and looking for a house to rent in Novalaise area.
Carol
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolHarrison-We live near Novalaise and know there is a shool there, and Novalaise is a very pretty village. We don't have children so can't advise really on that. However, when we relocated to the area we used novalaise immobilier in the village and understand they have a few properties on there at the moment, and some lovely properties to buy. We used this agent when we moved here and they were good....it also helps having a good landlord/landlady so are very lucky. We know of a nice property in St Maurice de Rotherens which is on the website and have seen it n the village for rent. It is about 10-15 mins from Novalaise....depends what you are looking for. Good luck and do PM us if you would like to meet up.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:45 am
Just Joined

Hi Bobbi

Thanks for that, I have had a look at the immo site and there are some nice things. This is a permanent move for us and we plan to rent whilst I look for a place to buy. I have to write 3 messages before I can PM you, so will send another random message and them PM you.

Carol
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Look forward to hearing from you. We have only been here since July but already have a very good circle of friends and neighbours which helps. Let us know if you need an other info.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Thanks Bobbi - we are moving from Madrid and it's going to be quite a change for us all. I'm really looking forward to it though.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by carolharrison
We are moving to the Novalaise area in December and I wondered do any of you have school aged children? My son is 10, speaks no French, we will be looking for a school - does anyone have experience? Husband already working in Chambery and looking for a house to rent in Novalaise area.
Carol
Hi Carol! We bought our house through Novalaise Immo and the agent there, who lives locally, told us that one of his children has an English boy in his class, so there are clearly other expats in the area with school-age children, though we haven't met them yet.

Do you and your husband speak French? We have found Novalaise to be a very friendly and welcoming place, but not many of the locals speak English.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.