Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Exeriences of having a baby in Mulhouse area?

Exeriences of having a baby in Mulhouse area?

Old Feb 11th 2014, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Millberry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Exeriences of having a baby in Mulhouse area?

Hello all,

I am new to France and have just found out I am about 8 weeks pregnant. Are there any ladies here who have had experience of pregnancy and giving birth in the Alsace region? I actually live on the border with Basel, about 25mins from Mulhouse so anyone with recommendations of hospitals/doctors/birthing centres in the area would be soooo appreciated!

Many thanks in advance.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 3:20 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exeriences of having a baby in Mulhouse area?

Originally Posted by Millberry
Hello all,

I am new to France and have just found out I am about 8 weeks pregnant. Are there any ladies here who have had experience of pregnancy and giving birth in the Alsace region? I actually live on the border with Basel, about 25mins from Mulhouse so anyone with recommendations of hospitals/doctors/birthing centres in the area would be soooo appreciated!

Many thanks in advance.
Hi, presume that your G.P. or gynaecologist has confirmed your pregnancy? (Congratulations by the way!).
As mentioned in your other thread, a Doctor's declaration of pregnancy will trigger off the administrative procedure in France. Did you sort out your healthcare coverage, with your OH working in Switzerland?
Your Doctor will advise you about where to give birth and you must do all the compulsory tests and examinations in the establishment that you choose.
After the recent "votation" in Switzerland against frontaliers and foreigners in general, I shouldn't contemplate having your baby in Basel!
If no one on the forum can help, try a dedicated regional forum, e.g. AngloInfo.
Good luck!
Old Feb 11th 2014, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

Millberry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Exeriences of having a baby in Mulhouse area?

Hi dmu!

Yes, pregnancy confirmed, thank you

Insurance and healthcare still a wee bit complicated but no, I am not thinking of having the baby in Basel! I just need to find which French hospital has the best options for me. I have a gynae appointment next week so things should be much clearer then.

I will ask on AngloInfo also, I know you mentioned them before. Hope you're well