Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

English Newspapers in Toulouse?

English Newspapers in Toulouse?

Old May 2nd 2008, 11:59 am
Just Joined

kev4ders is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English Newspapers in Toulouse?

Can anyone tell me where I can buy the english newspapers in Toulouse?
Cheers
K
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English Newspapers in Toulouse?

Originally Posted by kev4ders
Cheers
K
newsagents
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by val50
newsagents
seriously, most of the cafe tabac shops, newsagents will stock copies of English newspapers, although usually a day later than published.
Here in Normandy we get The Times, Telegraph, Daily Mail, and occassionally during the summer, Daily Express and The Sun (what does that tell you)
Usually can get Sunday Times, Sunday Telegraph, Mail on Sunday, Observer.
They don't stock great numbers so if I want to get a copy, usually go early in the morning.
Old May 2nd 2008, 4:31 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a newsagents in the center between Virgin and C&A right by the Capitol Square, that sells english Newspapers and Magazines all aviation ones most computer ones but you have to get there early in the month for the magazines.
Old May 2nd 2008, 5:17 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev4ders
Cheers
K
I imagine that the Matabiau Railway Station will have kiosks with up-to-date English newspapers. You could subscribe to something like the Weekly Telegraph (or Guardian, or possibly the Times), rather than waste time chasing around Toulouse. You get all the news of the week condensed in a handy-sized paper, delivered to your door, and it's much cheaper in the long run if you want to buy daily papers several times a week.
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold

Most presse places sell English papers albeit a day late, except on Sundays the Scarmonger on Sunday and the Express.
We get them all to chose from in Collioure, except, thankfully the Sport.
Old May 2nd 2008, 10:13 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Read em on the net for free.
Here they charge 2 €`s plus, I would never buy one just on principle.
Old May 3rd 2008, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a pretty little village near Thiviers off the N21
onlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jdr
And you don't even get the supplements included which is a real scam. they were much better than the news.
Incidentally Toulouse airport will have English papers and books - at a price and our local Champion sells international papers.
Old May 3rd 2008, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jdr
Not the same thing though as curling up in bed with a cup of fresh coffee, croissant and the Sunday newspapers.
Old May 3rd 2008, 6:31 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Not the same thing though as curling up in bed with a cup of fresh coffee, croissant and the Sunday newspapers.
That´s too difficult, all that multi tasking and I don`t like crumbs down me jarmies. ;-)
Old May 4th 2008, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold

You can't eat breakfast without a paper, even if it is a day old! Hate crumbs in keyboard more than in me jammies jdr. I suppose the real thing to do is learn enough French but some of us are struggling in the intricacies of that particular past-time.
Old May 4th 2008, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jdr
That´s too difficult, all that multi tasking and I don`t like crumbs down me jarmies. ;-)
you wear jarmies
Old May 4th 2008, 3:17 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

you wear jarmies
It drops below 20 c at night at the mo. lol
Old May 5th 2008, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

DandM is an unknown quantity at this point

oh for the days of sitting in bed with a brew and a paper... instead its being jumped on by a 3 year old and dribbled on by a 10 month old who usually smells of poo at that time of day!! Wouldn't change it for the world mind but, still, .... oh for those lazy sunday mornings!!
Old May 5th 2008, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DandM
oh for the days of sitting in bed with a brew and a paper... instead its being jumped on by a 3 year old and dribbled on by a 10 month old who usually smells of poo at that time of day!! Wouldn't change it for the world mind but, still, .... oh for those lazy sunday mornings!!
don't worry, they grow up so quickly, you'll have those days back again before you know it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.