Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

English chat needed in France

English chat needed in France

Old Dec 2nd 2022, 5:34 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English chat needed in France

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
That sounds lovely. I don't know where Saujon is but I will look at a map. Happy housewarming, it's great that the two of you found each other and I hope you take care of each other and live happily ever after
I am also close to a town centre but in a little quiet ruelle that nobody goes down, but the house is around 300 years older than I am... it made me feel quite young when I said that!
300 years ... Do you live in a castle ?
The walls must be thicker than I am tall (I am not that tall )
Is it easy to warm it up in the winter ?
Old Dec 3rd 2022, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Helen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English chat needed in France

Originally Posted by Annetje

Thanks for asking !
It's in Saujon 17600 and the location I want, close to the centre but not in the noise !
We have the same age and she needs many repairs, as do I ...

No, it's lovely, exactly the m2 I wanted and searched for.
Now I'll be surrounded by plumbers, electricians etc for a few weeks (I hope), new kitchen and bathroom, spending far too much,
and then finally the "settle down feeling".
About time, after 12 years of feeling a bit lost.
Congratulations Annetje. I had to Google Saujon but it looks lovely. And close to the sea which is one thing I really miss in Strasbourg.
Once you’ve finished all the work, perhaps you could come over here and sort us out. We’ve been in our apartment 23 years now and it needs a serious upgrade. It’s hard to know where to start, especially with all the changes looming on the energy front. We have an oil-fired boiler for the central heating - which I’m reluctant to get rid of because it works perfectly well and is only 14 years old - and a gas-fired water heater which is 23 years old but, again, still working fine.
I’m just hoping everything will last another couple of years when we’ll have to make a decision about whether we’re moving to the UK. There’s other work that needs doing too - our electrics are OK for us because we don’t have loads of appliances but apparently if we wanted a new more powerful cooker we’d have to re-wire the flat. Which would involve breaking open the walls etc.
The hall and corridor flooring depresses me and the whole place needs redecorating. But redecorating costs an absolute fortune so no point doing that before rewiring.
Ughhh.
A friend suggested that doing the work would add value to the flat but I’m not convinced it would increase the value by anything like as much as the cost of the work. Even the most ancient apartments seem to sell in Strasbourg purely on the strength of location.

Anyway, good luck with everything. Do you already have friends in the local area?