Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

EasyJet cancellation

EasyJet cancellation

Old Aug 3rd 2020, 12:18 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default EasyJet cancellation

I'm somewhat annoyed that EasyJet has just cancelled my MTP-Berlin-MTP flights in September. My first trip of the year! No reason given, but presumably due to Covid, and I've got a Bon for a future trip.
Fair enough, but how come EasyJet flights to Gatwick are bookable, albeit at over-the-top prices? (I was just checking, I've no intention of travelling to the UK this year...)
(DD1 has just gone back to Berlin (by a succession of trains), but she is young. I wouldn't survive such a long journey there and back.)
I'd be interested to know whether others have had return flights from France to wherever, cancelled, and, in fact, whether you're like me, together with several million French people, staying in France this year.
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EasyJet cancellation

You are entitled to a cash refund.
You don't have to accept a voucher.
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 8:40 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cyrian
You are entitled to a cash refund.
You don't have to accept a voucher.
I did have the choice, and since I'll be visiting DD1 by next August (well, I hope Covid allows me to before then), I accepted the voucher. It was less than 60€ for the return fare, no big deal, and will probably just contribute to the 2021 fare!!
I was really wondering why EasyJet had cancelled the Berlin flights, whereas (expensive) flights to Gatwick were still running....
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 9:44 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

The "over the top prices" to Gatwick may actually be the fair economic cost of the flight, and €60 may be insufficent to make the flight on which you had a seat, economically viable.

I suspect that the era of tickets sold for pocket-change may be over.
Old Aug 4th 2020, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
I did have the choice, and since I'll be visiting DD1 by next August (well, I hope Covid allows me to before then), I accepted the voucher. It was less than 60€ for the return fare, no big deal, and will probably just contribute to the 2021 fare!!
I was really wondering why EasyJet had cancelled the Berlin flights, whereas (expensive) flights to Gatwick were still running....
As Pulaski says, you will possibly find that your next flight to Berlin is a bit more expensive than 60€ as the airlines try to recoup their losses and because of lower passenger numbers.

Old Aug 4th 2020, 7:03 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cyrian
As Pulaski says, you will possibly find that your next flight to Berlin is a bit more expensive than 60€ as the airlines try to recoup their losses and because of lower passenger numbers.
This is what I meant by "just contribute to"!