Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Dogs need a new home :'(

Dogs need a new home :'(

Old Jul 4th 2006, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

bourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant future
Default Dogs need a new home :'(

i'd jump on anyone making this thread, but i'm in a situation i'm about to be made homeless with no possibility of getting into a brand new 'unfinshed' house! 2-7yrs to get to court!!

Thanx to MAISON PHENIX........... please do keep them in mind!!!!!

they are now in year 3 and have failed on every single item to get the house right, the result could be demolition?

anyway;

coz of them and mum dying, and the insurance 'assurance vie' not being life insurance at all!!!!

Thanx AXA keep them in mind too please......

I now have to re-home my animals as I have nowhere to go, the french social services cant help me if i have animals !! this is so bad! they are my family now, but i cant expect them to suffer because I cant supply them a home. I failed in my commitment to them all.

First is Bruno, a 16mth old Newfoundland, very calm, now house trained, pure race but no certificates. Black and white. He needs people and is very very good with children.

I live in 71, so anyone in 71,21,25,39,01,58 please feel free to PM me for pictures or details.

When i get my mind right i'll let you know about the others
Old Jul 4th 2006, 6:45 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dogs need a new home :'(

Originally Posted by bourgogne
i'd jump on anyone making this thread, but i'm in a situation i'm about to be made homeless with no possibility of getting into a brand new 'unfinshed' house! 2-7yrs to get to court!!

Thanx to MAISON PHENIX........... please do keep them in mind!!!!!

they are now in year 3 and have failed on every single item to get the house right, the result could be demolition?

anyway;

coz of them and mum dying, and the insurance 'assurance vie' not being life insurance at all!!!!

Thanx AXA keep them in mind too please......

I now have to re-home my animals as I have nowhere to go, the french social services cant help me if i have animals !! this is so bad! they are my family now, but i cant expect them to suffer because I cant supply them a home. I failed in my commitment to them all.

First is Bruno, a 16mth old Newfoundland, very calm, now house trained, pure race but no certificates. Black and white. He needs people and is very very good with children.

I live in 71, so anyone in 71,21,25,39,01,58 please feel free to PM me for pictures or details.

When i get my mind right i'll let you know about the others
Sorry to hear of your ongoing problems, but dont be too hard on yourself its a terrible position to be in ,but no fault of your own.
I am sure you will get people to take your dogs in and hopefully close enough to let you visit them.
Keep yer chin up, its gotta get better.
regards john.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

bourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant future

thanx john but you dont know how hard this is

they never did anything wrong and they are a group, now i will '****' them up by splitting them

too hard i got no options now!

kinda wish i could get the hell out of france, but trapped here. given the option i'd go and never see this place again.............. but my babies need nice homes and sorry to vent here, i know its not righ, but if you knew how i felt?

the dogs and cats speak english is the problem, they only respond, hence my post, sorry if not appropriate though.
Old Jul 5th 2006, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

karunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to all

so sorry that you, and them, are going through all this. I wish I had some positive practical solution, but unfortunately I don't. I supposed the social services can't help or direct you somewhere that would be acceptable, except the RSPCA - this is not the best time of the year for having to part with one's animals - something else that you don't particularly need to hear.
It's very unlikely that I could do anything, but I will keep it in mind, you just never know! In the meantime, I hope that some solution might emerge, some kind of reasonable outcome!!! Bruno the Newfoundland does sound wonderful. I have friends who have two Newfoundland, mother and son, and yes they are fantastic with children, very affectionate and good natured. They don't mind living outdoors as they are not allowed inside the house at my friends.

Please try not too feel that you have failed them. Unfortunately, we can't always control the way our lives go, and it sounds as if some unpredictable and catastrophic events have happened to you - there was no way you could know, or plan for that! Let's hope that there will be a turnaround!

Just another thought: there seems to be few people who are active on the France forum, many more in Spain - how about posting that thread on the Spanish forum as well? (I know, Spain is not exactly next door to you, but perhaps still worth considering). GOOD LUCK.

Last edited by karunia; Jul 5th 2006 at 7:20 am. Reason: addition
Old Jul 5th 2006, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

thank you

the dogs are gonna be difficult, Bruno in fact (not being nasty to him) but he was a gift to mum and she died the same night i arranged to have him So I have for the last 6 months house trained him ........ a joy some of the little gifts left!!! industrial clear up, and also had everything from mobile phone to plug sockets eaten, but he's ok now, still needs a firm hand but never slapped! He is as Newfies/newfoundlands are very very calm, never barks or ooooffs. Watches you always, and does not like to be alone. He's been next door to play with their kids they love him, and he is so passive. i am sure if people understood huge dogs actuallt dont need huge amounts of feed (you cn cause them terrible hip problems over-feeding) at 18 months he will eat about the same as a labrador.

Jake mums dog of 16yrs has not long left, he's deaf and a bad heart, i'll keep him no matter the problems or until i know he's had enough.

Then olette, eddie and jenny, rescued mum and two of her pups ... (she was tossed out on the autoroute 2 weeks from having 8 pups) they cant be separated and eddie is a big baby they are my worry.

and I wont start about the cats as I already lost one of mums I had to have him put to sleep. I tried everything inclu an operation but his digestive tract had given up, was an emergency to have the poor old sod put in peace. vet never charged me was nice of him but then me 'sobbing' perhaps not a good time to demand money. unlike when mum died i was told firmly PAY now for the death certificate or 'THE' body cant be moved! i did in shock as you do ... to then have a body bag pushed past me as they left (and yes that was my mum in that too). and I dont joke! neither the; the funeral must by law be in 6 days if you dont arrange we will and do it without you. Oh such care and consideration has be given to me. sobs self pity moment.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

the newfoundland (bruno) and two of the kitties (rupert and miss bitsy) have new homes from next month.............unlike me

very sad when they go.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

karunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bourgogne
the newfoundland (bruno) and two of the kitties (rupert and miss bitsy) have new homes from next month.............unlike me

very sad when they go.
I am very relieved for Bruno, I was concerned that due to his size he could be the most difficult to find a home. And for 2 of the kittens. Of course it will be so sad for you, but at least you are not abandoning your animals in a forest, like some do, especially this time of the year. It will probably be harder on you than on Bruno, remember that. I hope there will be more good news (although the best news would be if you had found a home where you can keep them all!)