Disability

Old Apr 21st 2008, 11:40 am
Just Joined

suzanne_jane is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Disability

Hello
I am hoping someone will be able to give me some advice !
My partner ans I along with our 2 children Anya 2 and Caleb 7 (Special Needs) and seriously considering moving to France.
But I big concern is our Son, does anyone have any knowledge or experience of how the "Disability System" works in France?
For example, we claim DLA, Carers Allowance, we have a Motability Car, we get a wheelchair provided is this the same in France?
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Suzanne & Kev
Old Apr 21st 2008, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Disability

Originally Posted by suzanne_jane
Hello
I am hoping someone will be able to give me some advice !
My partner ans I along with our 2 children Anya 2 and Caleb 7 (Special Needs) and seriously considering moving to France.
But I big concern is our Son, does anyone have any knowledge or experience of how the "Disability System" works in France?
For example, we claim DLA, Carers Allowance, we have a Motability Car, we get a wheelchair provided is this the same in France?
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Suzanne & Kev
Hi there
welcome to the forum. This might be of help to you - it's from the British Embassy website:

British nationals planning a permanent move to France are advised to consult the UK Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) at the earliest opportunity to obtain advice on their longer-term entitlement as residents to health care provision under the French national system. Enquiries should be made to the DWP Overseas Medical Benefits help-line on 00 44 191 218 1999 which is open on Mondays to Fridays from 08.00 to 20.00 daily. Alternatively, information can be obtained direct from the English language service of the Caisse Primaire d’Assurance Maladie (French social security service) on 00 33 8 20 90 42 12 or CLEISS (the Helpdesk in France for international mobility and social security) on 00 33 1 45 26 33 41, website: www.cleiss.fr