Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Department 85 - Vendée

Department 85 - Vendée

Old Jun 12th 2022, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

Kevred1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Department 85 - Vendée

Good afternoon everyone, I hope you are all enjoying this beautiful weather.

We are in the process of moving to the Vendée and wanted to know if there are there any ex-pats on here that live there who could offer some advice where best to buy garden/building products in that particular area?

Oh, and where we can buy dwarf/pigmy goats too

Many thanks

Kevin & Jan
Old Jun 13th 2022, 2:39 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Department 85 - Vendée

Sorry, yes the Vendée in France in the Pays de la Loire region.
Old Jun 13th 2022, 6:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

I am working in the Vendée right now and the area seems to be absolutely stuffed with expats, at least the bit where I am. You shouldn't have any trouble linking up once you're here. Although I suppose it's different in less touristy parts.
There seems to be a full quota of Monsieur Bricolages and Gedimats and suchlike. I went out looking for patio plants t'other day and found a couple of garden centres whose prices were ridiculous, quite eyewatering, then I found a Gamm Vert and got what I wanted without breaking the bank.
So far I haven't seen any goats.
Temperatures of 32° forecast for the coming week.
Old Jun 13th 2022, 6:57 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much, we are moving to a small village, not too far from Fontenay-le-Comte, not sure what the ex-pat population is in that area though.
Old Jun 13th 2022, 11:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

According to google you have a Mr Bricolage, a Bricomarché and a Mon Brico for starters
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ma...fi=hd:;si:;mv:[[46.4642548,-0.7795679999999999],[46.4489363,-0.8274003999999999]];tbs:lrf:!1m4!1u3!2m2!3m1!1e1!1m4!1u2!2m2!2m1!1e1! 2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3,lf:1
also a Point P, a BigMat, a Gedimat etc for building materials, and a Gamm Vert for garden.
Looks like you'll be spoiled for choice!

Old Jun 13th 2022, 11:27 am
Just Joined

Hope so, thank you