Reload this Page >

DECIDING WITHOUT RESEARCH TRIP.

DECIDING WITHOUT RESEARCH TRIP.

Old Mar 7th 2009, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

JENNYMG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DECIDING WITHOUT RESEARCH TRIP.

GOOD AFTERNOON,
SORRY TO POST SUCH AN OBVIOUS QUESTION BUT MY HUSBAND AND I WITH OUR 4 CHILDREN ARE STRUGGLING WITH WERE TO IMMIGRATE TO.
WE HAVE BEEN RESEARCHING, DISCUSSING AND TALKING TO PEOPLE WE KNOW WITH FAMILY ABROAD HERE AND I'VE BEEN LURKING ON THIS WEB PAGE FOR ADVISE BUT TO NO AVAIL AS TO WERE WE SHOULD GO ?

I AM A NURSE SO AS FAR AS I CAN SEE THE DOOR IS PRETTY MUCH OPEN.

SO IF YOU CAN GIVE ME ADVISE ON HOW YOU DECIDED TO IMMIGRATE HERE WE WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE THE ADVISE.

WE WANT A BETTER LIFESTYLE FOR US AND THE FAMILY AS WELL AS HAVING OPPORTUNITIES FOR THEIR FUTURES. NORTHERN IRELAND JUST DOESNT OFFER EITHER.

LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU
JENNIFER AND JONATHAN
Old Mar 7th 2009, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

jenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nice
Default Re: DECIDING WITHOUT RESEARCH TRIP.

Bonjour Jennifer and Jonathan,

We had been to france/ through france on the way to holidays over the past few years and never had a bad experience here, so when we decided we would like to retire early and move abroad france was the number one choice. Where in france was decided by a holiday in the region we liked/ found affordable. We knew south west would be good for weather and when we found we could afford to have a home built to our spec, we landed up in the Gironde and we LOVE it here !

Jenny and Charlie.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 3:27 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JENNYMG
GOOD AFTERNOON,
SORRY TO POST SUCH AN OBVIOUS QUESTION BUT MY HUSBAND AND I WITH OUR 4 CHILDREN ARE STRUGGLING WITH WERE TO IMMIGRATE TO.
WE HAVE BEEN RESEARCHING, DISCUSSING AND TALKING TO PEOPLE WE KNOW WITH FAMILY ABROAD HERE AND I'VE BEEN LURKING ON THIS WEB PAGE FOR ADVISE BUT TO NO AVAIL AS TO WERE WE SHOULD GO ?

SO IF YOU CAN GIVE ME ADVISE ON HOW YOU DECIDED TO IMMIGRATE HERE WE WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE THE ADVISE.

WE WANT A BETTER LIFESTYLE FOR US AND THE FAMILY AS WELL AS HAVING OPPORTUNITIES FOR THEIR FUTURES. NORTHERN IRELAND JUST DOESNT OFFER EITHER.

JENNIFER AND JONATHAN
Some one will probably ask you not to shout (in capitals) the next time you post!
If you do a thread search (top right corner) using keywords "nursing qualifications", you'll find several threads and posts concerning equivalence of British and French qualifications. And Val50 will be able to give you valuable advice.
You don't say what your French is like, nor what your husband does for a living, but moving to France with 4 children to bring up, and hopefully nursing at the same time, seems a bit daunting. There are loads of threads on minimum survival income, for example, childcare, schooling, learning French, etc... and Val's FAQs at the top, to give an idea.
I would say Go for it if you were just a couple, but with 4 children dependent on you, you need to do your homework carefully before you decide on France as your destination. Life isn't at all rosy here at the moment....
Old Mar 8th 2009, 12:29 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

GOOD AFTERNOON,

JENNIFER AND JONATHAN
No Need to Shout We all move for varying reasons, We moved to France because it was the place we enjoyed being the most, Short of the Neca Islands. To move anywhere without researching it by physically going there Is about the strangest thing I have heard. Emigrating blindly was something done years ago, It was called deportation. If you don't know were to go to it means your already in the right place I hate to state the obvious.

But can you Speak French in a Medical Sense if not the learning curve is going to be high. (Trust Me, I spend a lot of time in Hospitals)

What's your OH going to do for a Living? Does he have a Transferable Trade?

Will you be buying Outright, As this affects how hard you have to work.

Have you ever been to France? For the Francophile Virgins it can be a very daunting environment to live in.

Ages of your children how are they going to fit into the grand scheme.

The hard bit is we can all offer the benefits of the region we live in, But it boils down to it suited us. Each Department (French Name For County) in France can vary a lot. But one of the greatest benefits of France is the population is a little more than the UK but the Geographical Space to absorb the population is Over double

Uk 241,590 skm Pop 60,975,000 (Estimated)

France 551,695 skm Pop 65,073,482

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Mar 8th 2009 at 12:50 pm.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 1:39 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
N

Uk 241,590 skm Pop 60,975,000 (Estimated)

France 551,695 skm Pop 65,073,482
What? Is the population of France not estimated?
Old Mar 8th 2009, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treskillard
What? Is the population of France not estimated?
60,979,015.5 exactly at the moment this message was posted. The half takes into account a poor French fella who got cut off at the waist, but survived.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

cupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud of

Does that take into account the accident on the railway line yesterday?
Old Mar 8th 2009, 10:47 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cupoftea
Does that take into account the accident on the railway line yesterday?
As quick as someone plops his or her clogs, A willing hussy pops one out. Just got to find the willing hussy.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 10:06 am
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
As quick as someone plops his or her clogs, A willing hussy pops one out. Just got to find the willing hussy.
now that's empathy
Old Mar 9th 2009, 12:49 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Thought they called it "compensation theory"

As invented by the Odious Margaret Thatcher, who theorised that when 10 jobs disappeared, another 10 would be created in "new" industries.

So much for THAT. Let's hope the population of the species has it a bit better sorted - somehow, I think there won't be a problem .......
Old Mar 9th 2009, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

bramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to behold

GOOD AFTERNOON,

JENNIFER AND JONATHAN

We are in the Burgundy region and we came here because we visited friends and liked it. It is a very rural area and unemployment is high but it is a lovely place to bring up the children, ages 11, 13 and 17.

If you are not fluent in French then you will find it hard to get a job.

Good luck
Old Mar 9th 2009, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Nibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud of

hi,
The language is probably the most important, learning is different for everybody and to speak in a classroom or learning from different methods is good to a point, but there's that time when you venture or arrive in that country and someone speaks to you and like myself at first found it difficult to even response with one word!!
Due to my own hard work,and i find learning difficult, i managed to get to standard of french which got me employment (very hard)
It like a series of steps to climb and i am still climbing
I sympathize with anyone starting this, i actually moved to france as a necessity not for lifestyle,i read other peoples adventures with some wonder and think to myself i must be doing something right but have less joy and possibly more reality in my life.
I do not know where the best places on this planet to live its beginning to be the same everywhere so if you try france best of luck!!
And i do not mind the capital letters!
Old Mar 12th 2009, 7:53 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bramblebush

If you are not fluent in French then you will find it hard to get a job.

Good luck
I found the following link for someone on another, regional, forum: www.infirmiers.com. If you click on International (left-hand column), read Infirmières étrangères souhaitant travailler en France, then Ressortissants Europe..., you'll eventually find a link for the address of the DDASS of your Département to whom you must apply. One of the requirements is to satisfy them that you speak French sufficiently well......