Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Crided from another Forum

Crided from another Forum

Old Jun 1st 2008, 1:15 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of
Default Crided from another Forum

"But basically,there is not a neutral wire in the French system,because the currant is split between the two."

My question is "Which two"
Old Jun 1st 2008, 1:26 pm
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Crided from another Forum

Originally Posted by stanage2
"But basically,there is not a neutral wire in the French system,because the currant is split between the two."

My question is "Which two"

For information on french wiring - I have found 2 links that take you to another forum where french wiring is discussed in great detail.

http://www.totalfrance.com/france/fo...opic.php?t=187

http://www.totalfrance.com/france/fo...opic.php?t=192

Hope these help
Old Jun 1st 2008, 1:38 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jazzy n Lol
For information on french wiring - I have found 2 links that take you to another forum where french wiring is discussed in great detail.

http://www.totalfrance.com/france/fo...opic.php?t=187

http://www.totalfrance.com/france/fo...opic.php?t=192

Hope these help
Do you think i should pass them on?
Old Jun 1st 2008, 3:01 pm
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by stanage2
Do you think i should pass them on?
You are welcome to, if you think they will help
Old Jun 1st 2008, 3:19 pm
Banned

Cool Re: Crided from another Forum

Originally Posted by Jazzy n Lol
You are welcome to, if you think they will help

On second thoughts,
I will Wire them.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 4:18 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

I discussed the maximums on a circuit just recently in this France forum. But i have forgotten what post it was in. There is a neutral and a live and un surprisingly an earth as well. It may differ should you opted to have 3 phase but this is only necessary if you are running say a machine shop or are planning storage heaters as your primary heating source. Wiring up multi switched lighting circuits is slightly different. You don't run a ring main as is done in the UK and each circuit supplied from an interrupter (Trip Switch) has maximum loads depending on your location and the quantity of storms you get there i would suggest fitting a whole house Lighting protector they are available from Le Grand and will save a lot of grief in the future. For the un knowledgeable Le Grand also do two booklets that contain all the requirements and layouts that are required in France and i know Castorama have them but other LeGrand stockist should have them i suggest you find them as they will aid you no end.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:26 pm
Banned

[QUOTE=Ka Ora!;6422635]I discussed the maximums on a circuit just recently in this France forum. But i have forgotten what post it was in. There is a neutral and a live and un surprisingly an earth as well. It may differ should you opted to have 3 phase but this is only necessary if you are running say a machine shop or are planning storage heaters as your primary heating source. Wiring up multi switched lighting circuits is slightly different. You don't run a ring main as is done in the UK and each circuit supplied from an interrupter (Trip Switch) has maximum loads depending on your location and the quantity of storms you get there i would suggest fitting a whole house Lighting protector they are available from Le Grand and will save a lot of grief in the future. For the un knowledgeable Le Grand also do two booklets that contain all the requirements and layouts that are required in France and i know Castorama have them but other LeGrand stockist should have them i suggest you find them as they will aid you no end.[/QUOTE

A little above there level,

Do-not you think?
Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:39 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote=stanage2;6423262]
Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
I discussed the maximums on a circuit just recently in this France forum. But i have forgotten what post it was in. There is a neutral and a live and un surprisingly an earth as well. It may differ should you opted to have 3 phase but this is only necessary if you are running say a machine shop or are planning storage heaters as your primary heating source. Wiring up multi switched lighting circuits is slightly different. You don't run a ring main as is done in the UK and each circuit supplied from an interrupter (Trip Switch) has maximum loads depending on your location and the quantity of storms you get there i would suggest fitting a whole house Lighting protector they are available from Le Grand and will save a lot of grief in the future. For the un knowledgeable Le Grand also do two booklets that contain all the requirements and layouts that are required in France and i know Castorama have them but other LeGrand stockist should have them i suggest you find them as they will aid you no end.[/QUOTE

A little above there level,

Do-not you think?
Not at all. We all have to start somewhere. It was your question i was only offering some advice.

A Electrical Screwdriver and a Multimeter would help as well.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Jun 1st 2008 at 8:44 pm.