Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Completion of House Sale.

Completion of House Sale.

Old Oct 29th 2011, 6:16 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Completion of House Sale.

Hi, Can anybody tell me how long it takes for completion of a house sale in France. Thanks.
Old Oct 29th 2011, 8:18 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Completion of House Sale.

Originally Posted by noni
Hi, Can anybody tell me how long it takes for completion of a house sale in France. Thanks.
Average is about 3 months. All things considered.
Old Oct 29th 2011, 8:32 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Average is about 3 months. All things considered.
Bum - just my luck, I thought if somebody put an offer in, it was completed so much quicker than UK.
Thanks Ka ora.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 12:00 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni
Bum - just my luck, I thought if somebody put an offer in, it was completed so much quicker than UK.
Thanks Ka ora.
Sorry to further disappoint, but I think Mr. Ora! is optimistic (no bad thing of course). When we bought, we had made an offer which was accepted in late August but it was late January before the contracts were finally executed.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 6:37 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, it takes so long, because the Notaires have to check the legality of ownership of the property. In addition, the Property and Inheritence Laws are so different in France and any one who isn't single without children needs a complicated Contract drawn up.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi, it takes so long, because the Notaires have to check the legality of ownership of the property. In addition, the Property and Inheritence Laws are so different in France and any one who isn't single without children needs a complicated Contract drawn up.
thanks everybody - have inherited part of a house in france (all via Heir Hunters) been waiting for 2 years for it to be sold!!! now have an offer, so was hoping it would be sooner rather than later. Each one of us (4) heirs have already paid 86,000 Eurs tax, out of the estate!
Old Oct 30th 2011, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

jonkemp is on a distinguished road

We made an offer in the middle of August and we moved in on Monday. Sounds like it is an impressive property.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 2:09 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

We have just sold a house it was two months between both the signings and getting the cash.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

it seems very similar to the uk: if you need to and push it can be completed within 8 weeks but the average is 12 weeks
Old Oct 30th 2011, 4:58 pm

Thanks folks, will believe it when I see the funds. What you never had you never miss! It was exciting getting the call from Heir Hunters, we have had our family tree, good old great great uncle John, whoever he was!!!
Old Oct 31st 2011, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

wetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nice

My friend has been waiting for 2 years to complete.
The problems are
Owned by non-EU (Australians)
It was bought through an SIC originally with 3 partners, one of which has disappeared
The property depreciated 50 % in 2 years which was suspect by the Tax authorities
The Agent who sold it to the Aussies was a bit dodgy as he owned the property personally yet sold it through his own Agency
The delay is mainly down to money laundering investigations by the french tax people.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by wetwang
My friend has been waiting for 2 years to complete.
The problems are
Owned by non-EU (Australians)
It was bought through an SIC originally with 3 partners, one of which has disappeared
The property depreciated 50 % in 2 years which was suspect by the Tax authorities
The Agent who sold it to the Aussies was a bit dodgy as he owned the property personally yet sold it through his own Agency
The delay is mainly down to money laundering investigations by the french tax people.
Hopefully all the paper work regarding the heirs have been sorted What surprised me was the tax people took their share of the estate before the house was sold! they say there is no more tax to pay. As the property has been sold 100,000 euro's less than the original selling price, you would think we would have a tax rebate.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

jonkemp is on a distinguished road

You should have got a probate valuation which is usually less than the original asking price. It is the same over here.

If your probate quote was less than the selling price you could pay the extra tax after you sold the property, but it is very difficult to get the tax back once you have paid it.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 12:42 am
Just Joined

Location: Partly France Partly Spain Mostly Scotland until R day then alternate!
vin rouge is an unknown quantity at this point

We agreed to purchase last week of August, signed the final act in Notaires office Oct same year 6wks from start to finish. No problems from inheriting family was a straight forward purchase.

Ouch Noni I feel your pain when the tax man is mentioned, taxes €86K X 4 = €344K already deducted wow, no need for a lotto ticket then eh!

Bonne Chance VR
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by vin rouge
We agreed to purchase last week of August, signed the final act in Notaires office Oct same year 6wks from start to finish. No problems from inheriting family was a straight forward purchase.

Ouch Noni I feel your pain when the tax man is mentioned, taxes €86K X 4 = €344K already deducted wow, no need for a lotto ticket then eh!

Bonne Chance VR
You can imagine the excitement when "Heir Hunters" found us, and told us we were heirs to "Great Uncle's" estate (never met him). Then they found £350K in a Guernsey account - Wow! now thinking how I could help our daughters!!! - then along came the taxman. Got over the shock now, and I am not one to spend anything until it is in my hand. Heir hunters take a third!
Anyway whatever we get is a bonus. Thank you all for your replies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.