Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Colour tablets?

Colour tablets?

Old Feb 6th 2008, 3:43 pm
Banned

A_n_g_e_l_a is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Colour tablets?

I suppose I must be a marketing man's dream in that my mother managed, in her whole life, to do without I seem to need quite badly. In the UK I had grown very used to choosing two boxes of washing tablets; one for whites and the other for coloureds. But, alas, in my part of France I seem unable to spot any washing powders, tablets or gels that are specifically designed NOT to bleach ones clothes.

Is it my inadequacy with the language and being unable to spot the product on the supermarket shelves? Or is it really something not available here? Any tips what to look out for will be greatly appreciated. Ta!
Old Feb 6th 2008, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: North Kessock, Ross-shire Scotland and Treignac France
Scots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to all
Default Re: Colour tablets?

Try shopping at Lidl.

In Scotland I use the non bio version of Formil.

We have bought the same jam in France and in Scotland, so maybe you can buy the same washing powder.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 10:46 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

We spend ages wandering around supermarkets with dictionaries to hand (OK in Spanish, but same theory). The search for bleach for us was a long one.

Carrying a dictionary with you can be ideal, or writing down what you want and showing it to someone in the shop often works
Old Feb 7th 2008, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

busby is just really nicebusby is just really nicebusby is just really nicebusby is just really nicebusby is just really nicebusby is just really nicebusby is just really nicebusby is just really nicebusby is just really nicebusby is just really nicebusby is just really nice

My local Ldl stocks Formil
Lessive pastilles, liquide , poudre, tablets, liquid and powder either for white or colour. The one for white is in green and white packaging and the one for colours is in red and orange.
Personally, I prefer" OMO petit et puissant", I'm afarid I wash nearly everything at 40 degrees. The OMO does a good job on the whites at 95 degrees.