British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   France (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/)
-   -   collective expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/collective-expats-551833/)

treskillard Jul 28th 2008 9:55 pm

collective expats

what is the collective noun for a group expats in France?

A notoomany of expats?

val50 Jul 28th 2008 11:46 pm

Re: collective expats

Originally Posted by treskillard (Post 6620808)

A notoomany of expats?

Le Chant came up with a good one at the meet up the other week - but can't remember what it was:eek:
Cloud, storm, something like that - must have been the red wine:rofl:

Andrea50 Jul 29th 2008 3:21 am

Might depend where in France and how many there are. In Eymet for example, they would probably be:

A plague of expats (as in locusts)

A more generic term could be a "houdini" of expats

Or even the rather boring "escapism" of expats

I know what the collective noun for people like me are, who flipping well came back here:

An "idiot" of ex ex pats

stanage2 Jul 29th 2008 5:53 am

Originally Posted by treskillard (Post 6620808)

A notoomany of expats?

Le Angliais

Novocastrian Jul 29th 2008 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by val50 (Post 6621103)
Le Chant came up with a good one at the meet up the other week - but can't remember what it was:eek:
Cloud, storm, something like that - must have been the red wine:rofl:

It was a Cloud of Brits, the thinking being that it always rains at britexpat meetups. But he was sooo wrong.

Hi all. This is one of those rare online moments for me at the mo. Everything is peachy in Isigny ... MIL/FIL arrived from UK a week ago and my SIL:BIL arrived for breakfast off the Cherbourg ferry this morning.

We`re almost exactly half way through our stay here and the house is taking shape (slowly, thanks to far too many bottles of Chateau Val de Carentan Grand Cru).

I'll be back on here with a vengence in a few weeks when I go to Germany, but until then take care all.

Novo

Jazzy n Lol Jul 29th 2008 1:56 pm

Lovely to hear from you Novo, glad the house is coming along. Have a wonderful time with all your family, say hi to OH from us :thumbsup:

val50 Jul 29th 2008 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Jazzy n Lol (Post 6623760)
Lovely to hear from you Novo, glad the house is coming along. Have a wonderful time with all your family, say hi to OH from us :thumbsup:

Great to hear from you and to know all is going well:thumbsup:

Andrea50 Jul 30th 2008 4:36 pm

Or even a "deluge" of Britexpats then?:D

treskillard Jul 30th 2008 5:29 pm

A shelter of expats?

Andrea50 Jul 30th 2008 8:30 pm

Way I feel right now it should be a Padded Room of one ambitious ex ex pat:curse:

treskillard Jul 30th 2008 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by Andrea50 (Post 6629470)
Way I feel right now it should be a Padded Room of one ambitious ex ex pat:curse:

schizophrenia is hard to live with isn't it?

val50 Jul 30th 2008 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by treskillard (Post 6630088)
schizophrenia is hard to live with isn't it?

depends who's dominant at the time:rofl:

treskillard Jul 31st 2008 12:14 am

Originally Posted by val50 (Post 6630104)
depends who's dominant at the time:rofl:

yes nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron nurse/matron :wub:

treskillard Jul 31st 2008 12:15 am

I've got it however:

a change of expats

that's it.

Thread closed.

val50 Jul 31st 2008 12:38 am

that's it.

Thread closed.[/QUOTE]

you after my job or something::p