Old Apr 25th 2014, 10:19 am
Just Joined

01342 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Climate

Thanks to everyone, food for thought.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 10:40 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
Our neighbour (85 year old ex ballerina) said in January Noel sur le balcon, Paques au tison, and reminds me of that every time I see her.
This was true this year, it was mild at Christmas and perishing cold and wet over the Easter weekend!
This reminds me that it's soon the Saints de Glace, which every French gardener is wary of. They've removed these three Saints from the Calendar, and I haven't checked which days correspond this year. Beware of frost some time soon!
P.S. just checked on an earlier thread. They are "celebrated" on 11th, 12th and 13th May....

Last edited by dmu; Apr 25th 2014 at 10:44 am.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 4:53 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
This was true this year, it was mild at Christmas and perishing cold and wet over the Easter weekend!
This reminds me that it's soon the Saints de Glace, which every French gardener is wary of. They've removed these three Saints from the Calendar, and I haven't checked which days correspond this year. Beware of frost some time soon!
P.S. just checked on an earlier thread. They are "celebrated" on 11th, 12th and 13th May....
This year I have surprised as to have not seen any snow we have had two or three lightish frosts. We might have one of those frost in july years coming.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 9:16 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Around here (Toronto) the average date of the last frost is May 24th.
Old Apr 26th 2014, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 01342
Thanks to everyone, food for thought.
My wife is also African but we have lived in the Middle East for the last 12 years. We are thinking of retiring to Mid West France but it definitely wouldn't be for the weather. I don't think the few degrees difference between the UK and France is a critical factor and is certainly outweighed by the language issues. Our main reason for considering France is the space and lack of congestion, except in the cities of course. I spent a week near Poitiers house-hunting recently and, other than quite a few haulage trucks on the major routes, I was delighted by the traffic free roads and availability of easy parking in most towns and villages. Also people are so welcoming. It's a quality of life issue. If you want warm sunshine then consider Cyprus.