Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Charente? Dordogne? or Gironde?

Charente? Dordogne? or Gironde?

Old Jan 16th 2016, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

Clo49 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Charente? Dordogne? or Gironde?

Megabus and Ouibus apply to long distances only. We actually only intend either to drive from our location to Toulouse-Blagnac or use a regional train/bus to get there. We don't wish to spend a whole day on a bus or a train, even if the fare is very low. The car parks at Blagnac are not very expensive, even for a long stay.
I must confess I loathe long travels !
Old Jan 16th 2016, 6:19 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clo49
Megabus and Ouibus apply to long distances only. We actually only intend either to drive from our location to Toulouse-Blagnac or use a regional train/bus to get there. We don't wish to spend a whole day on a bus or a train, even if the fare is very low. The car parks at Blagnac are not very expensive, even for a long stay.
I must confess I loathe long travels !
Fair enough, I think we got carried away, and in fact I meant to post my reply on the other thread!
When you're over next, check all the transport options to Blagnac on the spot.
Old Jan 17th 2016, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Touraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond repute

I can find many towns on a map, but I can't tell if they are nice or not.

Thanks for your answers
Prix immobilier Toulouse (31000)

Type in the name of your town/city into the above link. The red areas are obviously the nicest because they are the more expensive.

Forget Legetts unless you want to pay above its market value.

Try Petites annonces immobilières | 1er site immobilier français | Portail immo
Old Jan 17th 2016, 6:54 am
Just Joined

Morning everyone !
You're right, Dmu ! I It's easier to check on the spot. I've scanned the net already and there are regional buses and trains leading to Blagnac.
Touraine, I've checked the Toulouse area already but I prefer the Gers and its rolling hills. Besides, it's far cheaper as there's "nothing there" except for small towns. As I mentioned it yesterday, I've already dropped Leggett and LBC. As a matter of fact, we're expected to visit a good dozen houses next month. I found half of them on the site you mention and the other 6 were found with a local estate agent. As regards the small towns we chose, they depended on the houses found. As long as we can find doctors, banks, post-office and usual shops, it's okay for us.
Old Jan 18th 2016, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: North Kessock, Ross-shire Scotland and Treignac France
Scots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to all

I've been getting adverts from "Green_Acres.com"
Old Jan 18th 2016, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scots in Treignac
I've been getting adverts from "Green_Acres.com"
Send their e-mail address to one of the many Nigerian scammers, saying you believe they are interested in claiming part of a huge legacy recently left to them.
Old Jan 20th 2016, 6:39 am
Just Joined

Hello !

Thanks for the info, Scots in Treignac. I know "Green-Acres" = Immofrance but I found nothing interesting. The houses are very often off the little towns, more ... in the fields with too huge plots.
I think I'm going to visit the places I've found and see if they suit me.
Old May 8th 2016, 9:08 am
Just Joined

Hello there !

Well, then, it will be neither Charente or Dordogne or Gironde ! We visited 10 houses in the lovely Gers and finally found a house in the Hautes-Pyrénées thanks to a local estate agent.
Actually, we liked all the houses visited but they were set in small towns and we finally preferred to live in a rather bigger town, i.e. 5000 inhabitants with banks, doctors, markets etc nearby without using our car.
Besides, as we've also sold our house, we will sign the "acte de vente définitif" on July 18th near Paris and the same the following day in our new town. We will need to have a mandate with one of the two solicitors as we can't be present signing and moving in the same time.
The house is quite big and typical and there's a very large garden that could be called a park as there are lots of high trees there. And in the background we can see the whole Pyrénées mountain range. It will be colder and hotter there but we really like the place.

One of the Estate agent was called Mr Dartagnan ...

I now hope there are English people in the area.
Old May 8th 2016, 9:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Hello there !

Well, then, it will be neither Charente or Dordogne or Gironde ! We visited 10 houses in the lovely Gers and finally found a house in the Hautes-Pyrénées thanks to a local estate agent.
Actually, we liked all the houses visited but they were set in small towns and we finally preferred to live in a rather bigger town, i.e. 5000 inhabitants with banks, doctors, markets etc nearby without using our car.
Besides, as we've also sold our house, we will sign the "acte de vente définitif" on July 18th near Paris and the same the following day in our new town. We will need to have a mandate with one of the two solicitors as we can't be present signing and moving in the same time.
The house is quite big and typical and there's a very large garden that could be called a park as there are lots of high trees there. And in the background we can see the whole Pyrénées mountain range. It will be colder and hotter there but we really like the place.

One of the Estate agent was called Mr Dartagnan ...

I now hope there are English people in the area.
Glad you finally found the one for you! It sounds lovely and I hope you're very happy there