Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Changing my driving license

Changing my driving license

Old Dec 6th 2021, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

JannieJunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changing my driving license

This has probably been asked a zillion times before but I am new to the site and haven't found my way around yet.

I have been trying to get on to the A.N.T.S. site for about 2 years. On the rare occasion I have managed to get past the first page I was getting the message tyhat my application was PENDING. Recently I got to the 2nd page only to get the message that as there was no agreement between France and the UK it was not possible to exchange licenses. As I will be 70 in January it is now imperative that my license is changed. What can I do?
Old Dec 6th 2021, 4:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing my driving license

Originally Posted by JannieJunk
This has probably been asked a zillion times before but I am new to the site and haven't found my way around yet.

I have been trying to get on to the A.N.T.S. site for about 2 years. On the rare occasion I have managed to get past the first page I was getting the message tyhat my application was PENDING. Recently I got to the 2nd page only to get the message that as there was no agreement between France and the UK it was not possible to exchange licenses. As I will be 70 in January it is now imperative that my license is changed. What can I do?
Hi, welcome to BE.

You've posted this thread in the update forum for expats in Australia, I'm guessing from what you've said that you are in France? So I'm going to move your post to the France forum, if I've got it wrong and it should be elsewhere then please just reply and a mod will move it to the right place for you.

Good luck.
Old Dec 6th 2021, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

A friend who wanted to change her UK licence to a French one before she turned 70 was told that she had applied too early and to re-apply later.
Then Covid arrived and she was unable to exchange her licence.
She then re-applied when office staff returned to work only to be told that she could not exchange her licence and she needed to sit a French driving test.
She sat the French driving test and now has to drive with a red A on the back of her car.
Good luck
Old Dec 7th 2021, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Helen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Have you tried calling them on 3400?
Old Dec 8th 2021, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JannieJunk

I'm not sure this will help. I know that trying to get onto the A.N.T.S site can be a lesson in mad frustration, and I've even seen my wife (who's French) when trying to log on, use language under her breath that would make a nun blush. In these circumstances one can get an appointment with an adviser face-to-face to go through the log-on procedure and sort out any difficulties. We did that twice when my wife lost her french driving licence, and failing many times to complete what was necessary on-line at home. Admittedly during the pandemic their advisers were not as readily available, but the 2 years you quote does seems an excessive amount of time to wait with no positive advancement.
Telephone your local Prefecture, or better still go along in person to make an appointment with an adviser.