Reload this Page >

Castorama refunds

Castorama refunds

Old Jan 24th 2014, 4:19 pm
jvc
BE Enthusiast

jvc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Castorama refunds

Quick question....hopefully!!! I need to return some Italian floor tiles to Casto. I was going to try and return the, to another branch, as it is nearer than where I originally bought them from. Is this possible, or do I need to return them to the original store? I know in the UKitisn't a problem...but we are in France!!!
Old Jan 24th 2014, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

nzneville is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Castorama refunds

Why not telephone them and ask?
Old Jan 24th 2014, 5:02 pm
jvc
BE Enthusiast

Your french is obviously a little better than mine !
Old Jan 24th 2014, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

bjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

The problem is that many 'named' stores in France are actually franchises, like 'Mr Bricolage', so you are dealing with a 'Brand' but with individual stores, so in that case you cannot return goods to what is effectively a different store.

Unfortunately, the only way to find out is to 'phone them or go there....from your comments, your French is not good enough to 'phone, but don't you have a French neighbour who could phone them for you?
Old Jan 25th 2014, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

MrsK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jvc
Quick question....hopefully!!! I need to return some Italian floor tiles to Casto. I was going to try and return the, to another branch, as it is nearer than where I originally bought them from. Is this possible, or do I need to return them to the original store? I know in the UKitisn't a problem...but we are in France!!!

From experience you have to take them back to original store. We are in Toulouse. Bought some tiles from one of the casto but then we weren't really sure we liked them. Rang another more local casto to see if we could take them back to their store, and they guy sounded nearly shocked I even dared ask the question. He said you bought the tiles over there, so you need to return them over there!

Anyway we didn't in the end, they actually look fine, but i never cease to be amazed at the lack of customer service here. It's really terrible at times!
Old Jan 25th 2014, 6:44 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsK
From experience you have to take them back to original store. We are in Toulouse. Bought some tiles from one of the casto but then we weren't really sure we liked them. Rang another more local casto to see if we could take them back to their store, and they guy sounded nearly shocked I even dared ask the question. He said you bought the tiles over there, so you need to return them over there!

Anyway we didn't in the end, they actually look fine, but i never cease to be amazed at the lack of customer service here. It's really terrible at times!
It is no different with UK franchised chains and the United colours of Benetton are not united in the slightest.
Old Jan 25th 2014, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

south_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nice

Not always though - I once bought something in ToysRus in Calais and returned it in London for a refund no issues. only had a bit of discussion on the exchange rate to apply but that was agreed amicably. Worth phoning ahead though if you need to make a special trip, and they will have time limits as well, anything from a couple of weeks to 3 months so don't wait too long.
Old Jan 25th 2014, 10:07 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by south_bound
Not always though - I once bought something in ToysRus in Calais and returned it in London for a refund no issues. only had a bit of discussion on the exchange rate to apply but that was agreed amicably. Worth phoning ahead though if you need to make a special trip, and they will have time limits as well, anything from a couple of weeks to 3 months so don't wait too long.
Toysrus UK and France are not franchised they own and operate most stores their first franchise was in Poland in 2011 although they went on to open wholly-owned stores there as well.

Last edited by Chatter Static; Jan 25th 2014 at 10:09 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2014, 2:52 am
jvc
BE Enthusiast

FYI - No problems getting a refund in a different Castorama to where we bought the product originally.