carte Vitelle

Old Jul 19th 2011, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

bobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default carte Vitelle

I have read a few threads on the carte vitelle and still don't really understand too much about how you apply for this. It seems like we have to get this rolling pretty much straight away. I am working for a UK company (remotely), but my husband is on a french contract with work. Does this affect things and what next for us on this matter? Have managed to sort out alot since we have been hear but this one has me stumped a little??
Old Jul 19th 2011, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: carte Vitelle

if your husband is working for a french company have they not asked for a carte vitale number??

Whatever; go down to the local CPAM with a copy of his contract and proof of birth marriage and residence and that should get him sorted; you could perhaps be attached to his card, however it would better and more legal to get your company to apply for a E101? for you as you as you' re working abroad. This will entitle you to a carte vitale as long as you work for them.

Once you have a carte vitale you then need to organise a mutuelle (top up insurance) as reimboursements only cover 70% max of your healthcare

I am sure others will be along to help more but good luck
Old Jul 19th 2011, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

bobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond repute

My husband works for a Uk based company but they have bases around europe and is on a french contract. We have only been here 3weeks but these kind of matters seem to take ages to sort out by the sound of things. Are we too premature to look at private health cover, or isn't it as straight forward as that?
Old Jul 19th 2011, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

you will need a carte vitale number to get a mutuelle so a bit early yet... once you have a card it is immediate.

To get one we just did an online search and then selected according to our needs; there are different levels of cover so wee selected a high level as we all wear glasses and we could see our son needed orthodontic treatment

It is possible that this may be included in a package from your husbands company...his contract would say
Old Jul 19th 2011, 8:47 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dennerlymum
It is possible that this may be included in a package from your husbands company...his contract would say
When I was salaried in Paris (a few decades ago), my firm used one Mutuelle for all its employees, i.e. all contributions were automatically taken out of the salaries at the same time as the Social Contributions, and no none had any choice. AFAIK, this is still the case for employees in French companies. I was single at the time, but I imagine they arrange for higher contributions for a spouse who, for some reason, has no Mutuelle...
Old Jul 19th 2011, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

TinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really nice

Originally Posted by bobbi2
My husband works for a Uk based company but they have bases around europe and is on a french contract. We have only been here 3weeks but these kind of matters seem to take ages to sort out by the sound of things. Are we too premature to look at private health cover, or isn't it as straight forward as that?
You can apply for the Carte Vitale at your nearest CPAM office - take the following (and photocopies):

Proof of legal residence in France (EU-member passport or Carte de Séjour)
Birth certificate showing parents names (a birth certificate for each family member: partner, children)
Marriage certificate (if relevant)
Bank or postal account number certificate (RIB)
A pay-slip or the work contract or an employment certificate

You should be given an "attestation provisoire" which you can use to set-up a mutuelle if it is not part of your husbands salary package. It will have a temporary social security number which can then be used to claim reimbursements if needed before you get the carte vitale.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Today my husband has just brought a france mutuelle home from work. It looks like he gets health insurance through his company but would like to know what happens in the areas it says social security number ( if we don't have one). Also it says regime social (salarie , agricole). What does this mean?
i am still unsure what happens if we need to book an appointment to see a doctor. If this mutuelle is set up straight away, what happens with GP visits and repeat prescriptions, which we will both need soon.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

wetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nice

Whether or not you have a Carte Vitale you still pay 23 euros to the Doc every time you go. They will always see you. With the CV you get 70% of that back automatically.
Not all drugs are that expensive. My blood pressure tablets for instance are only about 4 euros a month as are my Diabetes tablets.. so it depends on what drugs you need.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

So until a CV is issued we can save the receipts ( or whatever it is they give you)? Do you need to make an appointment to see a DR for repeat prescriptions or can these be done by takng a proof of the medication to the surgery that we are on from the UK?
Should my husbands work sort out the CV if they have given him a form for France Mutuelle, or do we still need to do this?
Old Jul 21st 2011, 3:00 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

So until a CV is issued we can save the receipts ( or whatever it is they give you)? Do you need to make an appointment to see a DR for repeat prescriptions or can these be done by takng a proof of the medication to the surgery that we are on from the UK?
Should my husbands work sort out the CV if they have given him a form for France Mutuelle, or do we still need to do this?
You have to apply to your local CPAM office for the Carte Vitale. Some doctors don't use the CV system anyway, and give out a "Feuille de Soins", which you have to send to your CPAM (after you've got your provisional S.S. number) for reimbursement. The CPAM passes on the info to the Mutuelle, which then reimburses whatever percentage the contract states.
You'd do better to consult a "Généraliste", taking along your UK prescriptions, and he/she will prescribe the French equivalents. You can't collect repeat prescriptions from the receptionist here, Doctors always want to examine you, maybe prescribe blood tests, etc.., before they renew.
Hope this helps!
Old Jul 21st 2011, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

snoopycat has a brilliant futuresnoopycat has a brilliant futuresnoopycat has a brilliant futuresnoopycat has a brilliant futuresnoopycat has a brilliant futuresnoopycat has a brilliant future

In France prescriptions are repeated on a 3 monthly basis, doctors are not allowed to prescribe for 6 months as in UK. You see the doctor for a repeat prescription , no appointment necessary in my neck of the woods, only takes a few minutes but mine always checks BP. He/she will issue a scrip. for a set of tablets and two repeats, the pharmacist will give you a month's worth and hand you back the paper with 'repeat x two' on it.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 5:09 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snoopycat
In France prescriptions are repeated on a 3 monthly basis, doctors are not allowed to prescribe for 6 months as in UK. You see the doctor for a repeat prescription , no appointment necessary in my neck of the woods, only takes a few minutes but mine always checks BP. He/she will issue a scrip. for a set of tablets and two repeats, the pharmacist will give you a month's worth and hand you back the paper with 'repeat x two' on it.
When I cant be bothered seeing a Doctor I just buy the medication and keep the little sticker on it. Once you can be bothered seeing a doctor you can trade up a prescription and the sticker for reimbursement of the medication cost.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wetwang
With the CV you get 70% of that back automatically.
Not strictly true now as the govt prefers you to name a GP and will only reimburse at 70% if you have done so, otherwise it is at 30%
Old Jul 21st 2011, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

You still need to apply for the CV following the instructions as above.

On the mutuelle form he is salarié (salaried)

For the repeat prescription you will need to see a doc the first time; it helps if you can then show them medication prescribed in the uk. If you run out before you get to a doc go to the pharmacy with the tabs and depending what they are they will probably sell you a months supply

Yes you need to keep the brown feuilles de soins and this will be reimbursed later (take them with you when you apply)

Have fun!

Hope this helps
Old Jul 21st 2011, 6:07 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
When I cant be bothered seeing a Doctor I just buy the medication and keep the little sticker on it. Once you can be bothered seeing a doctor you can trade up a prescription and the sticker for reimbursement of the medication cost.
Hi, it depends on the medication. If there's a red stripe on the package, it can only be sold by prescription.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.