Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Carte Vitale scam

Carte Vitale scam

Old May 2nd 2022, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Carte Vitale scam

Last week my wife received an SMS with the heading 'Assurance Maladie', advising (in French) that the new Carte Vitale was available and to complete a form in order to renew the card rapidly via: (here was added a hot link to a .com site).
I asked her if she'd clicked on the link, she replied, no.
Something didn't feel right about that sms, so I typed 'Arnaque carte vitale' into my search engine. That gave me the following info which I suggest you all read as it would certainly appear that the sms sent is a scam and that many are falling for it, disclosing personal data which can lead to all sorts of problems.
This link gives info on the scam. This is safe to access.
https://demarchesadministratives.fr/...rnaque-par-sms

If anyone reading this receives an sms suggesting it comes from 'Assurance Maladie' with a telephone number +33780****** (or possibly similar) DON'T click the link provided in that sms sent to you!
Old May 2nd 2022, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carte Vitale scam

I have had several such messages.
I am not resident in France and do not have a carte vitale so I just ignored these messages.
You should always think twice before clicking on a link that you are not expecting.
My OH received an email with no subject or text in the body of the email - just a video to click from a neighbour in France.
I suggested that she didn't open the link but send an email to the sender to confirm that it was genuine.
It was genuine but looked suspicious.
Better safe than sorry.