Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Carte de Sejour (France)

Carte de Sejour (France)

Old Dec 18th 2003, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

lynnandpaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Carte de Sejour (France)

We live in the Ain region and first applied for our Carte de Sejour in May 2003. By August we had received nothing and went along to the Mairie. We were told that because we were British Citizens our applications had gone to the bottom of the queue. We have been back to the Mairie again today to find out about our Carte de Sejour. We were told that all applications from EU citizens had been stopped since EU citizens will no longer require to apply for a Carte de Sejour from January 2004.

Has anyone else had this experience? Can anyone confirm that the requirement for a Carte de Sejour will disappear for EU citizens next year???
Old Dec 20th 2003, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

chezmoi is an unknown quantity at this point

Try this link http://riviera.angloinfo.com/information/1/cds.asp
Old Jan 17th 2004, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

ckt21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default no longer needed for EU citizens!

Hi! I have a British passport and when I showed up in early December, I was told that as an EU citizen, the carte de sejour was now optional! I was so stunned, I came back the next day with a French friend to make sure I was understanding correctly. I was. I went to my local Brit embassy here in Paris and was given a photocopy of the new law in some kind of French law journal. Woo-hoo!