Car Insurance

Old Mar 8th 2008, 1:19 pm
Banned

septimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant future
Default Re: Car Insurance

Originally Posted by A_n_g_e_l_a
I recall it moved beyond being just a common market years ago; where have you been?

in it.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 4:37 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

On the internet the maxim is trust and verify. Trust and verify.

And that's twice now you've made incorrect and negative assumptions about me.

Old Mar 8th 2008, 5:06 pm
Banned

septimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jdr

Come on jdr.

You must try harder.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
what did I miss
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:26 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by val50
what did I miss
Angela and JDR are flirting.......
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:30 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Angela and JDR are flirting.......
And that's twice now you've made incorrect and negative assumptions about me.
Help me, I think I have lost the plot
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Help me, I think I have lost the plot
glad it's not just me then
can't leave you alone for 2 mins.
wait till I speak to Mrs JDR and tell her what you've been up to on
the French forum
Old Mar 8th 2008, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by val50
glad it's not just me then
can't leave you alone for 2 mins.
wait till I speak to Mrs JDR and tell her what you've been up to on
the French forum
I know he wanders out of Spain for a moment and some dirty hussy is on her back ready to bear his children....What have things come to. It must have been the American Takeover.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold

Gettnig things back on the original track......thanks to those that have helped so far, going to renault tomorrow to seek their advice. French friend in England says it was cheaper for her to buy a car over here than bring her French one as insurance was difficult with left hand drive car here.

Hope that's not the case, I haven't had the car long and need it to drag rest of stuff over and it won't sell over there, bringing it back again will be non cost effective.

Scrap yards in France, maybe the lights would be cheaper there? Gotta be thousands of scrapped Scenics haven't there?

God my brain hurts!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 3:47 pm
Banned

A_n_g_e_l_a is an unknown quantity at this point

... and some dirty hussy is on her back ready to bear his children..
Oooh, he's got a pack dog! Bad dog! Get down! DOWN!

Now get back in your box!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by Collioure_Bee
Gettnig things back on the original track......thanks to those that have helped so far, going to renault tomorrow to seek their advice. French friend in England says it was cheaper for her to buy a car over here than bring her French one as insurance was difficult with left hand drive car here.

Hope that's not the case, I haven't had the car long and need it to drag rest of stuff over and it won't sell over there, bringing it back again will be non cost effective.

Scrap yards in France, maybe the lights would be cheaper there? Gotta be thousands of scrapped Scenics haven't there?

God my brain hurts!
Lots of them Scenic parts are easy to get. But the lights are typically the first thing to be broken. And then the doors.

Oooh, he's got a pack dog! Bad dog! Get down! DOWN!

Now get back in your box!
Watch your Blood Pressure...

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Mar 9th 2008 at 9:59 pm. Reason: £
Old Mar 9th 2008, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of

Hello all, I'm new here but I didn't have to say that did I

I think the cheapest and most practical answer to the problem is to insure in France as soon as you get there then immediately register it. If you are becoming French resident then you are supposed to do it within one month anyway. French car insurance need not be any more expensive then you have been used to paying in England and usually includes breakdown cover too.

Against what Angela said (sorry to disagree ) most French insurance companies will happily insure English registered cars but its supposed to be on a temporary basis whilst you get it registered but some dont follow up and are happy to keep taking your money and ask no questions, until......:curse:

AXA is a name which very often is mentioned for this which is why so many people recommend them.

Don't fall into the trap of believing you can drive forever on English plates. Just because so many do it and have got away with it for years doesnt make it right. And do be sure to properly export your car it by tearing off the strip in your V5. You arent allowed to just SORN it if you are taking it out of the country permanently. It doesnt make any difference to the French authorities but if for any remote reason you ever wanted to take it back to England and hadnt exported it you would have big problems.

Good luck with your move

Im
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:16 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Im_and_Er
Hello all, I'm new here but I didn't have to say that did I

I think the cheapest and most practical answer to the problem is to insure in France as soon as you get there then immediately register it. If you are becoming French resident then you are supposed to do it within one month anyway. French car insurance need not be any more expensive then you have been used to paying in England and usually includes breakdown cover too.

Against what Angela said (sorry to disagree ) most French insurance companies will happily insure English registered cars but its supposed to be on a temporary basis whilst you get it registered but some dont follow up and are happy to keep taking your money and ask no questions, until......:curse:

AXA is a name which very often is mentioned for this which is why so many people recommend them.

Don't fall into the trap of believing you can drive forever on English plates. Just because so many do it and have got away with it for years doesnt make it right. And do be sure to properly export your car it by tearing off the strip in your V5. You arent allowed to just SORN it if you are taking it out of the country permanently. It doesnt make any difference to the French authorities but if for any remote reason you ever wanted to take it back to England and hadnt exported it you would have big problems.

Good luck with your move

Im
It is the same in all EU countries, the only time they are legal is if you are driving as a tourist on holiday for a limited period of usually under 3 months, or the car is in the process of being matriculated to local plates.
If you are a resident then it must be done to be legal.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold

This is getting more confusing LOL.

I have always intended to register the car in France anyway, in some strange way I'd be proud to drive round on 66 plates rather than English ones, I suppose a way of showing I'm trying to integrate, I dunno really, but at least I could bring it back here for a holiday and not have to show a tax disc, or pay Kengestion Charge LOL.

I have contacted an insurance company advetising in Le Eleven magazine so I'll see what they say too.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:42 am
Banned

A_n_g_e_l_a is an unknown quantity at this point

... [Snip]...
Goodness! Has that dog made a smell again? Go on. Lie down! Get back in your box!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.