Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Can Someone point me in the Direction of Rule 9 please?

Can Someone point me in the Direction of Rule 9 please?

Old Nov 7th 2008, 9:10 am
Just Joined

Romilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can Someone point me in the Direction of Rule 9 please?

I have responded in another thread to a request for someone who was looking for accomodation in the dordogne. I inadvertently posted a response which was "commercial" in nature, and not in the classified section, so it was deleted, as i had broken "rule 9" Fair enough.
I then posted asking the requester to private message(pm) me so i would not be advertising. I could not read the pm so had to post 2 "bump" posts so that I could read the pm.
I then wanted to pm someone else who lives near me in France and find that one of my bump posts has been deleted, again due to "rule 9".
Would this person "jdr" explain why he keeps deleting my threads? I am new to france and was looking to be both helpful & supportive and receive the same.
please correct me if I am wrong.
I am fully expecting to have this post deleted for breaking some other rule, but this obssession with rules and the patronising atitude I have received is like boarding school or a golf club. Fossilized.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 9:15 am
Far Kynelle

Ewood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can Someone point me in the Direction of Rule 9 please?

Originally Posted by Romilly
I have responded in another thread to a request for someone who was looking for accomodation in the dordogne. I inadvertently posted a response which was "commercial" in nature, and not in the classified section, so it was deleted, as i had broken "rule 9" Fair enough.
I then posted asking the requester to private message(pm) me so i would not be advertising. I could not read the pm so had to post 2 "bump" posts so that I could read the pm.
I then wanted to pm someone else who lives near me in France and find that one of my bump posts has been deleted, again due to "rule 9".
Would this person "jdr" explain why he keeps deleting my threads? I am new to france and was looking to be both helpful & supportive and receive the same.
I am fully expecting to have this post deleted for breaking some other rule, but this obssession with rules and the patronising atitude I have received is like boarding school or a golf club. Fossilized.
I think this is what you are looking for
http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

Found via FAQ at the top of the page

Hope this helps
Old Nov 7th 2008, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Romilly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ewood
I think this is what you are looking for
http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

Found via FAQ at the top of the page

Hope this helps
Thank you Ewood.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 10:30 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

You might also take a glance at Rule 14 while you're at it.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute

Whats with having a go at golf clubs / players not everyone who plays golf is within the confines of rule 9 its just good exercise
Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:03 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

When you join a forum at least have the courtesy to read the site rules.

Rule 9. The forums, (including the private message, blog and email systems), are not a venue for advertisements in any way. Please do not post promotional/advertising messages, urls, nor specifics that would lead people to your site/product/service. However, a line in your signature with a link to your site is allowed. (For signature guidelines please read Rule 18.) It will be the sole discretion of britishexpats.com and its moderators as to what constitutes an advertisement.

Rule 14. Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email or local private messages, but should not be discussed in public forums. This is out of respect for the members, moderators and policy involved.