Caf

Old Aug 29th 2006, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

susiq is a jewel in the roughsusiq is a jewel in the roughsusiq is a jewel in the roughsusiq is a jewel in the roughsusiq is a jewel in the rough
Default Caf

hi

does anyone know what kids are allowed after they turn 3 please.i'm a single parent and have had an amount to live from from birth to 3. but when they turn 3 CAF have said that they stop until they are 6.

its like from 3 to 6 kids cost next to nothing to live!! i get a silly little amount (my son was born here, and to the french government he's french).

anyone got any ideas on CAF as mine aren't at all helpoful. they told me to start with that i wasn't elligable to anything because i'm not french (obviously this is totally incorrect).

any ideas greatfully recivede

susi
Old Aug 29th 2006, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

bourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant future
Default Re: Caf

Originally Posted by susiq
hi

does anyone know what kids are allowed after they turn 3 please.i'm a single parent and have had an amount to live from from birth to 3. but when they turn 3 CAF have said that they stop until they are 6.

its like from 3 to 6 kids cost next to nothing to live!! i get a silly little amount (my son was born here, and to the french government he's french).

anyone got any ideas on CAF as mine aren't at all helpoful. they told me to start with that i wasn't elligable to anything because i'm not french (obviously this is totally incorrect).

susi
please go to local marie and ask for a social worker ( NO NOT like in the Uk, they are people there for <YOU to help you and take you through all areas of life to include bill payment and rent mortgage etc) in fact i have one a wonderful lady that has helped no end. You the family are her concern as a whole, not you the bad mother ...a al <UK! ask for help its there!

good luck
xx
Old Aug 30th 2006, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

bourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant future

PS to last msg

did you claim french child benefits? they can be backdated to the day you arrived!

they cant refuse you are entitled to them, also big supliments to single mothers and if deserted too.

This you must gain the help of a social worker, they will breeze you through the forms, and even advise on things to claim the social security try not to mention. RMI, CMU too ask about these.

again good luck and please update, as the information is helpful to others

thanx

xxxxx
Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:32 am
Lucid Dreamer

MoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond repute

hi susiq!

I have not been on the site for a while, so have only just seen your question.
I was a single mother here for a few years and it was not simple!
It is true that after 3 years old, there are no more 'allocations' except for the housing benefits which are very advantageous when you are a single mother with nothing else!
the 'region' can award you money for paying the downpayment to get an appartment etc... You pay less tax ( if you are declared!)
The best idea is a 'good' social worker...
Are you still in touch with the father ...? Does he pay a pension alimentaire??

Don't hesitate to get in touch.. I know what it is like!

Originally Posted by susiq
hi

susi