Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Buy a French registered car without Control Technique in UK

Buy a French registered car without Control Technique in UK

Old Aug 17th 2020, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buy a French registered car without Control Technique in UK

Originally Posted by zoys
Hey, just a bit of update about this vehicle of “mine”.
Eventually I have gone for the U.K. importing route, which is get it registered in the U.K., MOT and insured. Then take it to France and register it in France in due course. - A more straight forward option that fits my circumstance.
Has the car been modified to UK standards e.g. headlights and speedometer?
If so you will have to reconvert it back to French standards when you take it to France.
Old Aug 25th 2020, 2:06 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buy a French registered car without Control Technique in UK

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
@ET: having done it several times, registering or re-registering a vehicle here at our local prefecture used to be a doddle. Now it has to be done on-line, imho it is a minefield (I'll stop short at saying it's a near blood-bath). Mme TP purchased a new car last month, and on-line prepared the docs for the old vehicle to be sold. Creating an account on ANTS site was the easy bit. What turned into a long, painful procedure was understanding and then getting the 5 digit confidential code to precede for completion of the certificate de cession, and then certificate of non-gage. And as it was Mme in the pc driving seat it certainly wasn't a language issue.
What could have been a very simple procedure was a real pain in the derriere, due to (true-to-form) French over-complication. 'Why make it easy when it can be made complex springs to mind with most issues of French bureaucracy.
@DMU: I feel for the problems you've encountered when you say "I've finally heard that my application has been rejected. Without giving a reason," even though it was made by your Anglo-French daughter - no doubt with fluent French. I do hope you get your C-G sorted out eventually. Getting a reply from ANTS related staff can be a nightmare.
A happy ending to my tale of woe. After DD2 tried ringing the ANTS number without success, she simply re-applied for a change of name and, hey presto, a mail from ANTS today invited me to pay on-line, which I managed to do (unlike the time before). Murphy's Law being what it is, la Poste will probably go on strike and my new C.G. will get lost....
I heartily recommend using third-party services to change the name on a C.G., the ANTS site is so user-UNfriendly....