Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Building Regs....

Building Regs....

Old Nov 20th 2008, 2:26 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Building Regs....

Got me stuck this one, We just purchased a new barn right next to the house. I don't want to change it's use or anything but I do want to Lay Concrete on the Floor and also replace the Joists and Floorboards for the First Floor. Can I just do it or do I need to fill in a Declaration du Preamble?
Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:43 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Building Regs....

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Got me stuck this one, We just purchased a new barn right next to the house. I don't want to change it's use or anything but I do want to Lay Concrete on the Floor and also replace the Joists and Floorboards for the First Floor. Can I just do it or do I need to fill in a Declaration du Preamble?
I believe you can do what you like inside a house/building, so long as it's not visible from the outside, e.g. no new windows or skylights. I'd go along to the Mairie to make sure, though.... (Btw, it's a "déclaration préalable"!)
Old Nov 20th 2008, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by dmu
I believe you can do what you like inside a house/building, so long as it's not visible from the outside, e.g. no new windows or skylights. I'd go along to the Mairie to make sure, though.... (Btw, it's a "déclaration préalable"!)

déclaration préalable close enough I have abandoned use of the Accents or graves whatever they call them.

But I think I will take a drive to the Mairie's Tomorrow.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have immediate neighbours, and would the work generate a lot of noise? I don't know how anybody would be any the wiser at any regards?
Old Nov 20th 2008, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by G-J-B
Do you have immediate neighbours, and would the work generate a lot of noise? I don't know how anybody would be any the wiser at any regards?

50 meters on one side 10 on the other and cows in every other direction. Someone has just informed me that if it's under the roof line and no change of use is implied then I can just do it. Im not adjusting windows or doors and roof, so it's just Up keep on an existing structure.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 10:23 am
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

50 meters on one side 10 on the other and cows in every other direction. Someone has just informed me that if it's under the roof line and no change of use is implied then I can just do it. Im not adjusting windows or doors and roof, so it's just Up keep on an existing structure.
Oooo, I do love it when he gets all metaphysical.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by treskillard
Oooo, I do love it when he gets all metaphysical.
I do wish the Neighbors were a little less psychical, but it's not to be. The only sounds of inevitability they hear are me making home improvements.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be very surprised if you couldn't go ahead and do it, but this is France and sometimes you have to expect the unexpected.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:13 pm

I'd be very surprised if you couldn't go ahead and do it, but this is France and sometimes you have to expect the unexpected.
With chainsaw in hand the Premier etage vanished. Now I have a gig pile of old wood to hack up.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Sounds like it will keep you warm in the process of hacking, and the wood should keep you warm through winter. Never fancied using a chainsaw myself, I've heard two horror stories just recently that involve them (you're talking to the person who very almost cut off their thumb with a stanley knife 3 years ago).
Old Nov 21st 2008, 3:16 am

Sounds like it will keep you warm in the process of hacking, and the wood should keep you warm through winter. Never fancied using a chainsaw myself, I've heard two horror stories just recently that involve them (you're talking to the person who very almost cut off their thumb with a stanley knife 3 years ago).
Well touch wood I have never had any issues with any of my Chainsaws treated with respect they are a damm fine tool. I did my HSE Chainsaw Course when I was about 16 which is over 20 years ago. Why sweat when a power tool can do it for you.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 3:26 am
Far Kynelle

Ewood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond repute

Well touch wood I have never had any issues with any of my Chainsaws treated with respect they are a damm fine tool. I did my HSE Chainsaw Course when I was about 16 which is over 20 years ago. Why sweat when a power tool can do it for you.
Hmm well some things are best done oneself without the aid of a power tool.
If you catch my meaning.

Otherwise, why make life more difficult? At this point i would have reposted the pic with Andy with her heavily used chainsaw, but I can't, so you'll just have to imagine it
Old Nov 21st 2008, 3:33 am

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Had the guy who delivers our wood take my three chainsaws for servicing (he's a bit of a bricoleur) and he brought back two whole working ones and one in an Aldi bag - in bits. I couldn't manage without the weekly testosterone rush!
Old Nov 21st 2008, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by Ewood
Hmm well some things are best done oneself without the aid of a power tool.
If you catch my meaning.

Otherwise, why make life more difficult? At this point i would have reposted the pic with Andy with her heavily used chainsaw, but I can't, so you'll just have to imagine it

Well some things I would prefer not to have to do myself, But the Pic of Andy with the Chainsaw helps
Old Nov 21st 2008, 4:36 am
Far Kynelle

Ewood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond repute

Well some things I would prefer not to have to do myself, But the Pic of Andy with the Chainsaw helps
Perhaps I'll just find the link and put that up? Only kidding Val!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.