Reload this Page >

best telephone broadband deal

best telephone broadband deal

Old May 31st 2008, 8:10 am
Just Joined

pinkliz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default best telephone broadband deal

hi
moving to france in 3 weeks and need to set up telephone and internet connection.

i need to make regular calls to the UK, USA and australia, is there a package with cheap calls to these countries.

can anyone tell me the best deal.

thanks for any feedback
Old May 31st 2008, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: best telephone broadband deal

Originally Posted by pinkliz
hi
moving to france in 3 weeks and need to set up telephone and internet connection.

i need to make regular calls to the UK, USA and australia, is there a package with cheap calls to these countries.

thanks for any feedback
I use Francetelecom and Orange
http://www.agence.francetelecom.com/
Have a deal where I get 2 hours free calls to UK and North America. Use Skype for other countries.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:20 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

hi

thanks for any feedback
Originally Posted by val50
I use Francetelecom and Orange
http://www.agence.francetelecom.com/
Have a deal where I get 2 hours free calls to UK and North America. Use Skype for other countries.
With Orange(France Telecom) If you take the live box option for DSL you can then pay a fixed fee for unlimited international calls to fixed lines and about 4 hours to mobiles.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:36 am
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

hi

thanks for any feedback
Would think the cheapest internet that suits your needs.
Then for the phone Skype Not to be beaten on price.(well i think not)
Old Jun 1st 2008, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by stanage2
Would think the cheapest internet that suits your needs.
Then for the phone Skype Not to be beaten on price.(well i think not)
Orange's Fixed fee Voip service in France is far cheaper than Skype.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 12:31 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Alice (and very nice she is too). We pay €29.99/month for broadband adsl. Free unlimited calls nationally within France, to all of the countries you mention and an hours worth of free calls to mobiles in France too. Not a bad deal, a reasonably reliable service and all in all I'm happy enough not to want to change.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Le Chant
I'm with Alice (and very nice she is too). We pay €29.99/month for broadband adsl. Free unlimited calls nationally within France, to all of the countries you mention and an hours worth of free calls to mobiles in France too. Not a bad deal, a reasonably reliable service and all in all I'm happy enough not to want to change.
Europe and USA are Unlimited with Orange
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

pinkliz is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for all the replys
i assume that i need to get the phone connected with france telecom first and then choose phone and internet deal from whichever supplyer suits.
thanks again, great to hear from those that have already done the research
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

I use Darty, I can make free calls to most countries, and even mobile phones in the States. I have unlimited download capacity for the Internet, and it's much faster than my old BT Broadband. I forget how much it costs, but I'm sure it's not more than 30euros a month.