Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Best Bank In France?

Best Bank In France?

Old Jun 5th 2010, 6:13 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best Bank In France?

Originally Posted by L'Acajou
Our CA woes just get worse, I realised yesterday that my bank card for my day-to-day account had expired at the end of May, no worries, I thought, just popped into my branch this morning to collect the new one, only to be told by the mystified clerk that one hadn't been ordered, even though, as we all know, it is "automatique"..... Lucky we have other accounts (and not all with CA!) We can manage the "10-15 days" delay, but that type of service is quite shocking We are running out of patience.
If you have ever borrowed money from CA and it is paid off, Check that you are no longer paying the insurance fee, As they don't tie the insurance directly to their loans, The insurance only gets cancelled if the person tidying up the loan presses the right buttons
Old Jun 7th 2010, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

L'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
If you have ever borrowed money from CA and it is paid off, Check that you are no longer paying the insurance fee, As they don't tie the insurance directly to their loans, The insurance only gets cancelled if the person tidying up the loan presses the right buttons
Good point, I will bear that in mind. We also realised that every time you need to fill in forms for a dreaded "dossier" you have to start again from scratch, they have the details they require, they just don't look them up or cross-reference, not just banks, assurance too! We seem to regularly re-provide information. We now scan important documents, birth certificates, etc so we can churn them out when necessary
Old Jun 7th 2010, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

le plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by L'Acajou
Good point, I will bear that in mind. We also realised that every time you need to fill in forms for a dreaded "dossier" you have to start again from scratch, they have the details they require, they just don't look them up or cross-reference, not just banks, assurance too! We seem to regularly re-provide information. We now scan important documents, birth certificates, etc so we can churn them out when necessary
Your remark made me smile - and it's true what you say, I too used to think that their archives and waste disposal were in the same place. I'm forever being asked for stuff so that they can take a photocopy, over and over and over again whether it be ID, balance sheets, tax sheets etc etc the list just goes on and on - they work on a regional basis but they're hopeless on a national basis.