Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

B&Bs for trip (South/South West)

B&Bs for trip (South/South West)

Old May 14th 2009, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Rural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really nice
Default B&Bs for trip (South/South West)

I'm heading off to explore South West and South France at the weekend. I hope to spend my first night around Collonges-la-Rouge or Rocamadour and wondered if anyone could help with a B&B for the night. I wil have a little dog with me but she is well behaved and will sleep on my bedroom floor.

I also need somewhere around Monpazier for second night.

I am looking for long term rental properties so anyone with any contacts or can help with that, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rachel
Old May 17th 2009, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

wetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nice
Default Re: B&Bs for trip (South/South West)

Have you tried googling monpazier b&b? or Rocamadour b&b Both bring up options quickly.
Mention your dog if you find a place because most b&bs I know do not accept them. Owners of dogs and babies always say that they are well behaved when making a booking but that is very subjective.
Hotels such as Best Western or Ibis are more likely to accept dogs
Old May 17th 2009, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thetravelbug
I'm heading off to explore South West and South France at the weekend. I hope to spend my first night around Collonges-la-Rouge or Rocamadour and wondered if anyone could help with a B&B for the night. I wil have a little dog with me but she is well behaved and will sleep on my bedroom floor.

I also need somewhere around Monpazier for second night.

I am looking for long term rental properties so anyone with any contacts or can help with that, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rachel
Hi,
As I've indicated here in the past, we always use the tourist guide ' Je Voyage Avec Mon Chien, which gives a very comprehensive listing of hotels and B&B's all over France that accept dogs. Suggest you try and get a copy.
Just to be extra helpful, I note that the Hotel Beau Site in Rocamadour is listed and looks excellent, with no additional charge for dogs.
Bon vacance.
Old May 20th 2009, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Rural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Hi,
As I've indicated here in the past, we always use the tourist guide ' Je Voyage Avec Mon Chien, which gives a very comprehensive listing of hotels and B&B's all over France that accept dogs. Suggest you try and get a copy.
Just to be extra helpful, I note that the Hotel Beau Site in Rocamadour is listed and looks excellent, with no additional charge for dogs.
Bon vacance.
Thanks. Already en route and had no trouble so far - lovely hotel in centre of Collonges-la-Rouge more than happy for dog to come in and no extra charge, B&B in Monpazier - again dog no trouble and now in hotel north of Toulouse. says animals forbidden but had already agreed on room and then asked so said ok as long as she did not go on bed.
Old May 20th 2009, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

wetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nice

A bit of a naughty decision by the hotelier. I have a nephew with terrible allergy complaints who has to book dog free hotels. Had he have been the next guest to follow you in he would have had a terrible night.
Old May 22nd 2009, 9:17 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wetwang
A bit of a naughty decision by the hotelier. I have a nephew with terrible allergy complaints who has to book dog free hotels. Had he have been the next guest to follow you in he would have had a terrible night.
All hoteliers break the rules at some point, It's not the breaking the rules that matters. It's getting caught