Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Autoentrepreneur

Autoentrepreneur

Old Aug 7th 2011, 6:37 am
Just Joined

catherine demorvan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Autoentrepreneur

I'm having fun trying to register as an autoentrepreneur.

I tried to do it on-line but the e-mail they send me to open my account just leads to a dead internet page, which has had a message on it saying they know it's not working for the last month!

So I've now got some paper forms from the Chambre des Metier (they wanted me to do a 4 hour round trip to show them my passport and appear to be staffed by jobs worth types...grr)

The lautoentrepreneur site says paying for L'assurance complimentaire is optionnelle.

The Chambre des Metiers people have sent me a list of 5 mutuelles and say it's compulsory.

Does anyone know what the actual rules are /where I find the actual rules?

I'm wanting to offer pottery courses to tourists (or locals) so I'm not entirely sure that I need to register as an artisan.....
Old Aug 7th 2011, 8:21 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Autoentrepreneur

Originally Posted by catherine demorvan
I'm having fun trying to register as an autoentrepreneur.

I tried to do it on-line but the e-mail they send me to open my account just leads to a dead internet page, which has had a message on it saying they know it's not working for the last month!

So I've now got some paper forms from the Chambre des Metier (they wanted me to do a 4 hour round trip to show them my passport and appear to be staffed by jobs worth types...grr)

The lautoentrepreneur site says paying for L'assurance complimentaire is optionnelle.

The Chambre des Metiers people have sent me a list of 5 mutuelles and say it's compulsory.

Does anyone know what the actual rules are /where I find the actual rules?

I'm wanting to offer pottery courses to tourists (or locals) so I'm not entirely sure that I need to register as an artisan.....
Hi,
this link
http://www.auto-entrepreneur.fr/mutuelle-sante.php
says that the "Assurance complémentaire" (Mutuelle) is optional, but advisable.
I don't think it's compulsory for any one to pay into a Mutuelle, but they'd be foolish not to. Only being reimbursed about 70% by the S.S. is hard on the purse in the long run, even if you're in good health now. (It goes without saying that A-E "Social Contributions" to the S.S. organisation are compulsory).
If you're charging for your courses or selling your own creations, then you must register, otherwise you'll have problems with the URSSAF and Impôts, who will certainly find out about your activity...
Good luck!