Reload this Page >

Apartment in Paris

Apartment in Paris

Old Mar 28th 2014, 7:26 am
Just Joined

ajhurley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Apartment in Paris

Hello,

I have very recently been made redundant, and am considering moving back to Paris, where I have lived previously. When I lived there before, I paid a little over the top to a holiday let as I knew it was a limted duration stay, so it wasn't financially the worst thing ever (and kept my London salary whilst in France).

This time, I don't have a job, and would be going unemployed (I do have an interview there next week but don't want to put all my eggs in that basket). What would be my options in terms of finding an apartment should I want to move over without a job?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew
Old Mar 28th 2014, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apartment in Paris

Originally Posted by ajhurley
Hello,

I have very recently been made redundant, and am considering moving back to Paris, where I have lived previously. When I lived there before, I paid a little over the top to a holiday let as I knew it was a limted duration stay, so it wasn't financially the worst thing ever (and kept my London salary whilst in France).

This time, I don't have a job, and would be going unemployed (I do have an interview there next week but don't want to put all my eggs in that basket). What would be my options in terms of finding an apartment should I want to move over without a job?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew
For a long term rental, very small I would say, to put it bluntly. If you were a landlord with an apartment to let in Paris, would you sign a lease with somebody with no apparent income? No you wouldn't, because your landlord's insurance policy would categorically not accept that person as a risk. You'd choose one of the many prospective tenants with a CDI, that your insurance company will accept, so that even if they do stop paying the rent you'd be covered.

Probably your best plan is to look for a private flatshare, but even better is to get the job first.

Last edited by EuroTrash; Mar 28th 2014 at 8:18 am.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 8:26 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apartment in Paris

I would echo what ET says. It may seem harsh but evicting a tenant in France is extremely difficult, expensive and time-consuming. Most landlords prefer to rent to a fonctionnaire but failing this they will insist on proof of income and references from previous landlords. You can look for a co-location but even that will be very difficult with no income. A holiday let is probably your only realistic option.