Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Anyone in La Gironde??

Anyone in La Gironde??

Old Aug 23rd 2007, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all
Thumbs up Anyone in La Gironde??

Hi, just wondered if anyone out there is living in La Gironde area?

Any information, tips or advice gratefully received!!!
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Kate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone in La Gironde??

Originally Posted by RedMonsk
Hi, just wondered if anyone out there is living in La Gironde area?

Any information, tips or advice gratefully received!!!
Hi and welcome .......without my map in front of me I have no idea which bit of France La Gironde is in....hopefully someone will be along to help.
We are moving next year with our family from Australia to Montpellier or
Toulouse .....I am visiting in September to try and get some idea of which one and schools etc
The only advice I would give is just to do as much research as you can and try to learn the language

Good luck

Kate
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone in La Gironde??

Thanks for the reply Kate, I was beginning to think there were no others out there! At least those with positive advice, it does seem to be a lot of doom and gloom!

La Gironde is in the Aquitaine. My mum has been living there for over a year and has already built up a good circle of friends - French, English and Dutch and I'm hoping having her there (having already been through the process of buying a house, etc) will help lots.

My husband is a carpenter and despite what others have said on this forum, she feels that he won't struggle too much to find work - as long as we put ourselves forward! She has had a couple of English guys work for her (who have been in France for 15 years!) and they apparently have more work than they can handle!!

My French is very limited (something that I am working on) so I won't mind what I do - clean, bar work, flog veg on the market!!!

Thanks again for the welcome!