Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Any suggestions for a visitor?

Any suggestions for a visitor?

Old Sep 24th 2012, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

freejinn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any suggestions for a visitor?

Hello! I'll be in Paris at the end of October and I'm looking for people to hang out with or things to do with other English speakers. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old Sep 24th 2012, 9:01 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any suggestions for a visitor?

Originally Posted by freejinn
Hello! I'll be in Paris at the end of October and I'm looking for people to hang out with or things to do with other English speakers. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Hi and welcome to the Forum!
How long are you in Paris for? Holiday? working? studying? How old are you? If you don't speak French, and are planning to stay, join the Alliance Française to learn - you'll meet plenty of English speakers there.
Go to the Mairie of your Arrondissement to get a list of all the Clubs and Associations that you could join where you'll meet people with the same interests.
Go to the British Consulate where there's a list of English-speaking Clubs (or there used to be).
And there are plenty of English and Irish pubs to hang out in!
If you intend to stay a long time, then I'd recommend trying to meet French people, too!
P.S. Oooops, just re-read the title! If you're a visitor, then take no notice of the first three suggestions!

Last edited by dmu; Sep 24th 2012 at 9:03 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2012, 9:35 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any suggestions for a visitor?

Originally Posted by freejinn
Welcome to the Forum