Reload this Page >

alone in Paris with the French

alone in Paris with the French

Old Feb 22nd 2004, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

baron_von_nield is an unknown quantity at this point
Default alone in Paris with the French

Dear all,

I live and work over here (with my French wife) in Paris and wonder if there are any more people like me out here. Do you exist?

Although I like it over here, I'd really to chat with other ex-pats in my situation, exchange amusing anecdotes and all that stuff. In a nutshell, would like to converse with people who can relate to all that stuff.

Like : sunny French summers, pavement bars, going away on weekends to the beach where it doesn't rain all the time, French attitude towards a lot of things in life.
Don't like : talking about Iraq, anti-english quips, selfish french drivers, hearing for the 1000th time how bad our food is and (oh yes) French music.

BYE

Stuart (Der Baron) =
Old Feb 26th 2004, 7:16 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry mate, looks like everyones in Spain..
Old Feb 27th 2004, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

stlocook is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in Normandy with two daughters, several cats, a couple of dogs and two rabbits. We've been here ten years and more. Our lives seem to be one amusing anecdote after another!

Dislikes/ British people trying to turn their bit of France into a corner of England. French people who presume you can't speak the language. French people who start conversations with "so you know lots of English people here then?" (answer: not a single one)
Old Mar 12th 2004, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

stlocook is an unknown quantity at this point

Guess you didn't like the sound of us!
Old Mar 15th 2004, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Dawn Adams will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by stlocook
Guess you didn't like the sound of us!
From the bits I've read amongst all you have written, I do. I like the sound of you.