Reload this Page >

Affordability in PACA

Affordability in PACA

Old Feb 27th 2011, 10:41 am
Just Joined

davidbroughton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Affordability in PACA

Hi all

I gather that the PACA region is one of the most expensive in France, but are there any areas from Toulon through to the Italian border where property is generally more affordable?

I have been searching for a property price index for the region, but haven't been able to find anything.

Thanks.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 10:51 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Affordability in PACA

Originally Posted by davidbroughton
Hi all

I gather that the PACA region is one of the most expensive in France, but are there any areas from Toulon through to the Italian border where property is generally more affordable?

I have been searching for a property price index for the region, but haven't been able to find anything.

Thanks.
Welcome to the Forum, Im sure Roger will have some input on the "Paca" region as he lived there for a while. If you get any issues give me a shout.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 10:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Welcome to the Forum, Im sure Roger will have some input on the "Paca" region as he lived there for a while. If you get any issues give me a shout.
Thanks Ka Ora!
Old Feb 27th 2011, 12:24 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Thanks.
Hi, why you don't consider the 66 (Pyrénées-Orientales) which has the best of both worlds (sea and mountains) and much cheaper than the PACA.
And it's just up the road from Spain....
Old Feb 27th 2011, 3:21 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi, why you don't consider the 66 (Pyrénées-Orientales) which has the best of both worlds (sea and mountains) and much cheaper than the PACA.
That's Our aim, All this time in the countryside has given me a bit of a 1000 yard stare.
Old Feb 28th 2011, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dmu
Thank you for your suggestion, but unfortunately my search is limited to 1.5 hours of Nice airport, which is the only airport apart from Paris having year-round flights to where my family live in the UK. This covers a considerable area, so I am trying to narrow down my options by excluding those that are out of my price range.

I am looking for a ~100 square metre house for €200-250k. I don't mind being further inland, but I don't want to be in the middle of nowhere. The ideal location would have a town with all of the amenities within easy access.

I welcome any suggestions for areas I should be considering, as well as those that I can safely rule out!
Old Feb 28th 2011, 1:02 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your suggestion, but unfortunately my search is limited to 1.5 hours of Nice airport, which is the only airport apart from Paris having year-round flights to where my family live in the UK. This covers a considerable area, so I am trying to narrow down my options by excluding those that are out of my price range.

I am looking for a ~100 square metre house for €200-250k. I don't mind being further inland, but I don't want to be in the middle of nowhere. The ideal location would have a town with all of the amenities within easy access.

I welcome any suggestions for areas I should be considering, as well as those that I can safely rule out!
Hi, sorry to have to ask, but have you given up Spain?
Old Feb 28th 2011, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi, sorry to have to ask, but have you given up Spain?
No, not at all! I am considering both. I would like to explore areas of both before deciding which (if either) to move to.

I am currently learning Spanish, but am fluent in French, so the language issue isn't a problem