5, 3, 2, 1

Old Mar 17th 2011, 9:23 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default 5, 3, 2, 1

One for the techies. Perhaps. Have you noticed that 'rumble' strips do not use four (4). Pourquoi? I have asked a very educated French friend, who was totally surprised at my observation. He had no view.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5, 3, 2, 1

Originally Posted by cjm
One for the techies. Perhaps. Have you noticed that 'rumble' strips do not use four (4). Pourquoi? I have asked a very educated French friend, who was totally surprised at my observation. He had no view.
No idea. But as an amusing anecdote I recall reading somewhere that in Amish country, a short time after installation, rumble strips were removed as it was deemed far more dangerous with them, because the horses were jumping out into the road and into oncoming traffic.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 6:29 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cjm
Dont know but each country to it's own, On the same note I wish they would use raised white lines on all of the roads as I think it would curb a bit of the excessive corner cutting here. Or at least in the bends, They only use the spray version because of the cost although unlike the UK white line with the little glass beads in it the French ones have to be re painted more frequently.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

Ah!!! That's why! I wondered why they ran out so quickly!
Old Mar 18th 2011, 9:32 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dennerlymum
Ah!!! That's why! I wondered why they ran out so quickly!
Around here they have to be re painted every year just about. Madness mind you dont know how the uk ones would fair here as in the summer we end up with a lot parts of the roads with dripping wet tar because of the heat. Then in the winter roads with more pot holes than not. No Winning really
Old Mar 18th 2011, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Slightly off-topic, but I remember when Mme saw cats-eyes in the middle of the road for the first time in UK. Couldn't believe it - thought it was marvelous!
Even after all these years, I still haven't had the heart to tell her that.......... they weren't real!
Old Mar 18th 2011, 9:10 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Cracker Tweedpipe. You are a brave man ... should she find out ...