Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

3 Winter Months in France

3 Winter Months in France

Old May 19th 2013, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

LowLola is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 3 Winter Months in France

BTW if anyone on this forum lives in the Bearn region I would love to hear from them about their experiences there.

You can PM me also.

Thanks
Old May 19th 2013, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

As an aside ...

As an older teen, I went on a VW bus ride with friends through the south of France on the way to the running of the bulls in Pamplona.
It was a magical trip and I particularly remember the time in France near the boarder. I am not sure where we stopped but it was wonderful area.
It must have been the Bearn region because that is along the closest French route to Pamplona.
Old May 20th 2013, 7:28 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LowLola
BTW if anyone on this forum lives in the Bearn region I would love to hear from them about their experiences there.

You can PM me also.

Thanks
Hi, I believe there are several BE members in the Pau area. The forum that I pm'd you has a South Aquitaine section.
You would have passed through Bayonne, Anglet, Biarritz, St Jean-de-Luz... on your way to Pamplona and the scenery is no less wonderful now!
Old May 24th 2013, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

dmu:

I'd like to send you a ques. via PM -- is that ok ?

LL
Old May 30th 2013, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Chti Anglais is an unknown quantity at this point

Spent Christmas about 5 years ago in Serignan where it was 2 - 10 degrees while the rest of France was at about minus 12 - 15 celcius. It was busy enough, Carcassone at 2 in the afternoon on our visit was +14 degrees, Beziers was always busy-ish too.
Old May 30th 2013, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Chti Anglais:

My guess is that weather in the Languedoc has changed dramatically ... at least from the responses to this thread.
Everyone seems to be wet and cold now and others have worst to say. Hard to believe but temperate climate in this
part of France has seemed to have taken a trip way south... so to speak.

Someone said it was one good year out of six .. not good odds.

best
LL
Old May 31st 2013, 6:45 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LowLola
Hard to believe
'Fraid you'll have to believe!
We've actually got some sun this morning, peaking out between thick clouds, with a temp of 12°C and a Tramontane which the forecasters say will reach 100 km/hr. Worthy of a mild winter, but today is 31st May!
Old May 31st 2013, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

EdytaMK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi LowLola,

I have only spend few months in Languedoc so far so am new to weather subject but it is still much better here comparing to English grey weather.

Agree, it was very cold winter this year but on the other hand great skiing conditions in the mountains And for me it is definitely brighter and more sunshine here!

I live in Perpignan part of the year so if you decide to visit this beautiful place and want to meet up for coffee please PM me.

Good luck with your decisions
Old May 31st 2013, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud of

lol, here in Portugal today we hit 37c on my patio - sheltered and south facing admittedly
Nice in the pool at the moment
Old May 31st 2013, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

here in the Gers, after torrential rain for 12 hours, which made the name of our local town 'L'Isle' Jourdain true to its name (son nearly couldnt get to school on the bus!), the temperature finally reached the giddy heights of around 17°C.. the day before was 13°C.. admittedly this year is extreme.. but safe to say anywhere can get dreadful (prolongedly dreadful) weather!
Old May 31st 2013, 6:54 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve01
lol, here in Portugal today we hit 37c on my patio - sheltered and south facing admittedly
Nice in the pool at the moment
Last time the fleet sailed Portugal wasn't in France and im guessing it still is not
Old May 31st 2013, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud of

hi,
its in response to an earlier posting and direct question the poster sent to me.
Its all Europe now you know me old cocker.

anyway last time the fleet sailed i think it went to bomb some little island close to Argentina - hardly France either

Come on the Reds - if you're a naval man you'll get this

Last edited by steve01; May 31st 2013 at 7:12 pm.
Old May 31st 2013, 8:21 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve01
hi,
its in response to an earlier posting and direct question the poster sent to me.
Its all Europe now you know me old cocker.

anyway last time the fleet sailed i think it went to bomb some little island close to Argentina - hardly France either

Come on the Reds - if you're a naval man you'll get this
We have had a conflict or two since Argentina that the navy got involved with so you need to update your words with pictures book by a decade or three

The land army only have a navel to pull fluff out of..

Last edited by Chatter Static; May 31st 2013 at 8:26 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 5:12 pm
DKP
Just Joined

DKP is an unknown quantity at this point

if you google "Long Term lets in France" you will find a couple of sites that have properties available to rent over the winter period. They are usually properties that are rented out as "holiday lets" in the summer.

I agree that the temperatures can be as cold as the UK, but generally they are much drier in the south, a huge bonus in my view!!

I spent the winter in Thuir and loved it, even though it was cold!

Have a look at Thuir, and also Ceret, both might work for you.

You might also consider October/November/December, bit warmer than January!!

Good Luck and have fun
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks DKP

I'll look into those "googled" sites... I've heard that the areas around Perpignan are good and I do want to go have a look. Though the whole idea is to escape the winter cold .. and I do admit .. dryer is better.

thanks,

LL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.