Fires in Victoria

Old Dec 10th 2006, 11:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fires in Victoria

I suppose having to cope with bush fires is a down side to living in oz.
How often do you guys have bush fires to content with?
Is this year particulary bad?
Mandy
Old Dec 10th 2006, 11:30 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
I suppose having to cope with bush fires is a down side to living in oz.
How often do you guys have bush fires to content with?
Is this year particulary bad?
Mandy
This year has the potential to be one of the worst ever Mandy due to the Drought.
Most of us living around the city & suburbs are ok but its people out in the country towns like Nicky P who get the worst of it.

My own personal fear here is if the Dandenongs go up, thats just a bit to close to home.
Old Dec 10th 2006, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
This year has the potential to be one of the worst ever Mandy due to the Drought.
Most of us living around the city & suburbs are ok but its people out in the country towns like Nicky P who get the worst of it.

My own personal fear here is if the Dandenongs go up, thats just a bit to close to home.

Thanks Bordy, having been up to see Nicky P i understand why the country towns are likely to be affected more. More open spaces. Which does worry me as i would properbly be living in a country town rather than a city.
At least i will not have the rose tints on when we do get over .

Well i truely do hope you get the rain, i know when i saw how low lake Hume was and how it affected my rellies it certainly made me appreciated the British rain even though we do get to much of the stuff.

I hope all of you stay safe and i will be thinking of you all
Mandy
Old Dec 10th 2006, 12:25 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Fires in Victoria

How close are they to the 'nongs? I have in-laws there; my wife's cousin and her husband.

They live in a lovely house on top of a hill in Kalorama, and have taken all the sensible precautions (underground water tanks; integrated sprinkler system on the roof, etc.) but we can't help worrying about what might happen if the fires ever get that far.
Old Dec 10th 2006, 12:30 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
How close are they to the 'nongs? I have in-laws there; my wife's cousin and her husband.

They live in a lovely house on top of a hill in Kalorama, and have taken all the sensible precautions (underground water tanks; integrated sprinkler system on the roof, etc.) but we can't help worrying about what might happen if the fires ever get that far.

No the Dandenongs are ok just now. Under no danger.
Was up in Sassafras for a BBQ at the weekend, just love it up there. The sound of the Kookaburras is brill.
Old Dec 10th 2006, 1:26 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Fires in Victoria

No the Dandenongs are ok just now. Under no danger.
Beauty, thanks mate.

Was up in Sassafras for a BBQ at the weekend, just love it up there. The sound of the Kookaburras is brill.
Sass is gorgeous; I simply adore it.

If you're ever in that area and feeling peckish, Flippin' Pancakes is a good place to stop.
Old Dec 10th 2006, 1:35 pm
The Godfather

Beauty, thanks mate.

If you're ever in that area and feeling peckish, Flippin' Pancakes is a good place to stop.
Yeah my boss goes there every weekend, hence I avoid it but your right it has a great reputation
Old Dec 10th 2006, 1:57 pm
Fighting my corner

Smile Re: Fires in Victoria

Yeah my boss goes there every weekend, hence I avoid it but your right it has a great reputation

It's run by an ex-pat, BTW.
Old Dec 10th 2006, 5:12 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Beauty, thanks mate.

My wife will be keen then she loves pancakes.

Mandy when you say a downside this also has a silver lining. Because of the constant threat during the summer of fire the neighbours and general population have a common threat to which they need to bond together. I think this gives Australia something special. London had it during the blitz but as time as passed by people have become more selfish and concerned about themselves rather than the community around them.

Just woke up to some rain - hope that gives the guys and girls some respite
Old Dec 10th 2006, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
My wife will be keen then she loves pancakes.

Mandy when you say a downside this also has a silver lining. Because of the constant threat during the summer of fire the neighbours and general population have a common threat to which they need to bond together. I think this gives Australia something special. London had it during the blitz but as time as passed by people have become more selfish and concerned about themselves rather than the community around them.

Just woke up to some rain - hope that gives the guys and girls some respite
We are waiting for the rain here but are on alert for the storms that are due as that is how this fire started. We have woken up to a clear day and the weekend was a lot kinder to our area than we had expected. There has been a notice to boil water in the NE region due to the firefighting but we are lucky that that appears to be all for now.
The threat hasn't gone away though just moved on to another region .
Nicky
Old Dec 10th 2006, 8:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Some of the Dandenongs did go up in 1997, villages in the SE in 1983
got burnt out but we do have better equpment and comms now.
Old Dec 11th 2006, 1:24 am
CMEng

got particularly dusky around Melbourne this past few days.

Not exactly a smoke filled air but you really do have to hand it to the guys/girls out there fighting the fires.

Old Dec 11th 2006, 7:19 am

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Hubby just got the call. He is heading over East next Monday for 4 days.....
Old Dec 11th 2006, 7:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels Bells
Well, Hubby just got the call. He is heading over East next Monday for 4 days.....
Stay safe Mr Hels
Old Dec 11th 2006, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels Bells
Tell Paul to take care, and we'll keep an eye out for him on the TV

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.