Western New Year

Old Nov 18th 2002, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

Jimmy Superscot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Western New Year

I am planning to be in Hong Kong for December 31. Any good ideas where to go to eat and celebrate the Western New Year?
Old Nov 24th 2002, 2:36 am
Just Joined

Scottula has a brilliant futureScottula has a brilliant futureScottula has a brilliant futureScottula has a brilliant futureScottula has a brilliant futureScottula has a brilliant future
Question Re: Western New Year

Originally posted by Jimmy Superscot
I am planning to be in Hong Kong for December 31. Any good ideas where to go to eat and celebrate the Western New Year?
Jimmy, you'll have no trouble finding places to eat, drink and party if you come to Hong Kong. Are you coming with a partner or some mates? Have you been here before? What kind of music are you into? What's your poison? How old are you, what kind of budget are you on? A bit more info and I might be able to pinpoint a good area for you to hangout in.
Old Nov 24th 2002, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

I will be with my family (kids aged 14 to 19). Into good food and looking for somewhere fun to see in the New Year. Not on a tight budget. Been to HK many times but usually on business so don't know the city as well as I should! Staying Kowloon side but that's not a constraint if the best action is on the island. Like rock music.
Old Nov 27th 2002, 6:22 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

A really great place to go with teenagers is "Igor's" which is a Horror theme restaurant...everyone is seated at the same time at very long tables whilst Herman Munster/Dracula etc. serve their 'victims'. There was a mixture of office parties, hens/stag groups, expats, family and individual groups when we went there. Many of the "horror" staff seemed to be from the UK or Down Under. The dinner also includes a horror cabaret show and goes on until late. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a special party night on for the New Year.

My (then) 14 year old loved it - as did her parents - and there is lots of singing/dancing going on and interaction with the staff. We took loads of photos as we were having such a fun time there. Igor's is on Hong Kong Island (a short taxi ride from Central/Star Ferry terminal) and I've since discovered that there is a new branch in Singapore. They were quite ok about teenagers drinking beer or wine with the meal.

You can send them an e-mail re; New Year's event via their website:

http://www.igors.com (click on the Main Event icon).
Old Dec 5th 2002, 5:56 am
Just Joined

Thanks Englishmum, Igor's sounds fun. What is the food like?